Best sat nav?

Hi guys. Just about to start driving after doing my C. Wondering whether to upgrade my ‘tom-tom’ to a better sat nav as I have had this one about ten years now. Would you buy a new one or just install updates off of the PC?

Firstly, and most importantly NEVER just rely solely on any sat nav when driving a truck. Trust me many do!

If it were me I’d install the updates and invest in a good truckers map.

Yes you could buy a truck nav but for the price i wouldn’t bother.

I drive an 8 wheeler and go to different places every day with a car satnav but check it with a map first.

However only you can answer this question really- whats your budget, whats your road knowledge already, where will you be driving local or long distance .■■?

The choice is yours :smiley:

I have a Tom Tom 5250 and its not bad at all.

Tell you what isn’t great though, McDonald’s Aero McFlurry. Very disappointing.

This quite simple really - update your old TT if free, see how you get on with it.

If it costs then weigh up the renewal of maps against a cheap fleabay or a garmin. New TT are crap

You can buy a cheap truck nav on eBay for about £70, but I found it to be a bit hit n miss. Couple of months back, I bought the Garmin Dezl 7700, and it’s amazing. Live traffic updates, it knows when and where parts of motorways are closed (brilliant for night drivers) and it’s really, really easy to use. Expensive, yes, but in my opinion, worth every penny.

Cheers guys. Got a decent map already. Knowledge of the roads is ok but I’m thinking of new towns that I hope to be visiting. Gonna upgrade the TT and see how it goes.