HGV Sat navs

I’ve been asked by work to get a sat nav designed to be used in a truck. I need something i can enter the size of the vehicle into and it will find a route suitable for the vehicle.

I’m looking for real world examples of what you guys use.

I have a truckers map and this is only to be used as a backup, but i’m keen to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance

I’ve got one of these mate:
cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOM-TOM-GO-710-TR … 19be18d1ae

Haven’t used it in a truck yet but I’ve heard they’re brilliant so I bought one. Not cheap though :open_mouth:

i have had a tom tom sat nave since they first came out.
i started with an original tom tom go. then the 300 then 700 and now i have the 550 go live with bridge hieghts.
tom tom have got one out specialy for trucks, tom tom 7000

tomtom-navigation.co.uk/?gcl … 2Aod3xlTYw

i hope this helps.

jybson:
I’ve been asked by work to get a sat nav designed to be used in a truck. I need something i can enter the size of the vehicle into and it will find a route suitable for the vehicle.

I’m looking for real world examples of what you guys use.

I have a truckers map and this is only to be used as a backup, but i’m keen to hear what you think.

Thanks in advance

Hope you mean they are paying for it because think the ones designed specifically for trucks are about £400 or somthing, ive got a TomTom One, with bridge heights added and a few other downloads it is handy since doing soft fruit collections quite a bit and unless you have very detailed maps never gonna find a lot of these farms easily.

I know in general the areas i am going just the fine details at the end, so dont really have a problem with the sat nav finding suitable routes, usually browse the end of the route to make sure it isnt dragging me through some housing estate or tiny road.

Other option would be to be a cheap £50 SatNav like the F&H one can hack them with TomTom maps, i am sure could find a version of the mapping for the TomTom 700 somewhere and run it on a £50 satnav :smiling_imp:

Tomtom 520 with Truck maps and Navcore.

It’s absolutely excellent, BUT, I don’t think any are 100%, so still use eyes etc.

With the truck maps and navcore, it’s the same system you’d pay 480 quid for at the truck stops, but costs less than half that :wink:

You can get a PRONAV for UK and Ireland £180 or european £250. The older ones were rubbish, but since I updated to the latest software version, it is much better. Check out Maplins or Fonebiz website.