Tree Harvesting

G’day,
Anyone know anything about this firm? I see on the cab door it says they were from the Welsh borders,anyone know where? Are they still about and what else did they run? I pretty sure I’ve seen a F10 or F12 in their colours. Has anyone any more pics?
The first pic is from Bubbleman’s thread and I took the others in Builth Wells in 1986.
Cheers Jamie

Hi Jamie,
Tree Havesting had several drivers based around the Builth Wells area,they had a depot between Lydham near Bishops Castle and Churchstoke. I used to know a few of their drivers years ago. I think they were taken over by BSW who own the timber mill near Newbridge on wye. I think they also had a place at Sengeneydd,(not sure of the spelling) in South Wales.
The last picture looks to be on the Groe car park at Builth Wells, the driver was Ken Lawson.
Cheers Dave.

G’day,
thanks for the info Dave,yeah it was taken in the Grove car park in Builth,next to the rugby club,well spotted mate.
Hopefuly someone has some more pics. I’ve found some more photo’s from Builth quarry,I’ll post 'em on your thread mate.
Cheers Jamie

I don’t know whether it was anything to do with Tree Harvesting. We were down in Dorking and Box Hill during the 1987 storms. A couple of the fallers were from Builth.

Hard men and serious drinkers too. It was an alarming experience, like working with Hannibal Lecter and Frankenstein when you met some of the hairy blokes who turned up from all over the country armed with chain saws, ropes and broken noses :laughing: I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

NZ JAMIE:
G’day,
thanks for the info Dave,yeah it was taken in the Grove car park in Builth,next to the rugby club,well spotted mate.
Hopefuly someone has some more pics. I’ve found some more photo’s from Builth quarry,I’ll post 'em on your thread mate.
Cheers Jamie

Thanks Jamie,
Are you originally from Builth,you seem to have a good store of pics from that area. Tree Harvesting used to run Volvo F12 artics as well.one driver lived in the Sennybridge area. Last I heard of Ken Lawson he lived at Aberedw,will try and find out if he is still there,he is a Geordie.I used to drop CB radio’s off at his house in Builth back in the eighties,he took them to a bloke at Tirabad to repair.
Cheers Dave.

G’day,
I found another old Volvo from the tree harvesting fleet.

NZ JAMIE:
G’day,
I found another old Volvo from the tree harvesting fleet.

Hi Jamie,
Where was the pic taken,they had a depot between Bishops Castle and Churchstoke,at a farm.
Cheers Dave.