Transport manager

I currently employ a transport manager who without going in to details is just a pain in the bum. I’m looking to replace him with a guy I’ve known for 12 years and he’s owned his own vehicles for over 30 years and he’s as good as you could wish to get.

He really is the best of the best.

My only concern is he’s 73 but hes fit as fiddle and still does relief driving for some of the lads but would Vosa have a problem with his age?

shouldn’t have a problem with it

shuttlespanker:
shouldn’t have a problem with it

That’s what I thought, he currently owns no vehicles or has anything to do with other o licence do I’d imagine it be ok

sounds like a good idea.
but it’s got nothing to do with vosa. your o’licence is the problem of the traffic commissioner.

I’ve tried the add/remove TM to add my new TM online but as my new TM has lost his CPC certificate :frowning: and we are currently sending for a new one (£36).

I’ve spoke to the licensing department today over the phone who told me to fill in the TM1 form and put note in with it stating that we’ve sent away for new Cpc certificate.

They told me that I can use him straight away as by time it’s gone through the new certificate will have arrived as it takes up to 28 days.

As this is my first time adding a new TM, I was just wondering if that’s all I have to fill in or is the other paper work?

Why’s your current TM a pain in the bum?

hammer:
Why’s your current TM a pain in the bum?

He don’t turn up when asked, stays home when should be meeting me. That type of pain in the bum.

Let’s just say he’s lazy

If thats the case how did he get the job as your TM In the first place ? Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
If thats the case how did he get the job as your TM In the first place ? Regards Larry.

Because he gave a very good interview and was very very up for it and was doing great job. He split from his wife last summer and basically seems to have lost all interest in the job. Ive give him as much time as I could to sort himself out but I’m basically paying him and he’s not doing his job

Is it possible to have two transport managers on my o licence ?

mixer driver:
Is it possible to have two transport managers on my o licence ?

Yes.
We used to have two, one for national and one for international.

Regards,
Nick