Transport manager

Hello everyone, I’m just starting out in the game and would like a bit of advice from you lot in the know ,I am putting together my stuff for the o licence got everything in place
Including 7.5 ton truck but I am struggling on a transport manager ,I only want them for one truck ,does anyone know a person that will do it I’m based in Blackpool and have a hiab on been given some mad quotes ,help please !!!

You’re better off doing the CPC yourself, it will have paid for itself within six months even compared to the cheapest external TM. Plus, TCs are starting to take a rather dim view of them…

Yellowfish:
Hello everyone, I’m just starting out in the game and would like a bit of advice from you lot in the know ,I am putting together my stuff for the o licence got everything in place
Including 7.5 ton truck but I am struggling on a transport manager ,I only want them for one truck ,does anyone know a person that will do it I’m based in Blackpool and have a hiab on been given some mad quotes ,help please !!!

When you say “Transport manager” do you mean operator CPC holder??

I think you’ll probably find you’ll have to pay a bit for a TM CPC holder. The law changed a while back meaning external transport managers can only work for 4 companies and look after a maximum of 50 vehicles.

VOSA will also expect them to do 8hours work a week looking after your company, although if you can convince them that it can be done in less hours and still provide effective and continuous monitoring of you transport then they can be contracted for fewer hours. The best route might be getting your own CPC.

Sent you a PM.

muckles:
VOSA will also expect them to do 8hours work a week looking after your company.

Yes, this is true and as the National Minimum Wage is £6.31 an hour then the minimum monthly cost of an external Transport Manager is £218.74. (8 x 6.31 x 52 ÷ 12) and anyone charging less than that will soon fall under the VOSA radar.

It would be far better for the OP to be his own CPC holder.