Transport manager advice

Just need some advice, I am the cpc holder and transport manager for an owner driver who has been trading very sucessfully for a year, he now has an additional contract and we recently applied to extend the licence. I am in full time employment but I am available by phone to the owner driver 24/7 and I meet with him every week to go through things. However he has just had a letter back saying that due to me having a full time job they want a letter from myself detailing exactly what hours I will be acting as transport manager and helping with the business, I find this quite annoying tho because the current set up works perfectly and everything is run 100% legal and above board. What do you guys think vosa are looking to see?

Regards Aaron

Just look on the VOSA web site, there are minimum number of hours a week you need to say you are working per truck authorised to do the job properly in their eyes. Just put whatever hours are stated as a minimum from the web site.

£4500 in a locked drawer for each extra vehicle and the TC wants to see 8 hours per week as a minimum from a part time CPC holder.

I am in the same boat. As I understand it:
Vosa want you to be AVAILABLE if required to do 8 hours work per week for an operator running one vehicle. They are getting a bit snotty (understsndably) abour agency-apppointed part-time transport managers so have put a limiot of being on 4 licences with a total limit of 50 vehicles (what!!!). see www.Roadtransport.com
Nominated transport managers
changes ahead
They are also concerned that we do not get regular updates on the law.
I have honed a system which I think plots a pass between satisfying VOSA (speeding, overloading, defects, hours, maintenance) and avoids killing the actual operator/owner/driver with endless form filling. I would much like to open discussion with you about how this is acheived as overdocumentation leads to avoidance
all best
Rick