Trampers Baggage?

Start my first class 1 job on tuesday and will be out 3 nights a week - was wondering what the overnighters used for lugging their gear around??

i carry all my gear in a volvo fh12 and only take the minimum gear home at weekends in a small suitcase, its easier to find stuff in a small cab

Hi russjp, Im in the same boat as you mate, been in my current job for a couple of months now, just had my first week tramping…and i loved it!! :smiley: I sounded out a lot of the guys at work to see what they took but if your not able to do that, then take the essentials such as enough clothes, washbag etc.

I carry all my driving stuff like tachos, timesheets etc in a rucksack and all my clothes in a medium sized holdall which does me fine i reckon, tho im sure some guys are moving house judging by the amount of stuff they take!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I also take my laptop with me too so I would say take something to keep you entertained when you finish your shift. I use mine to view loads of…dvds! :sunglasses: While im on the subject of laptops, i was wondering how many truckstops/services have a wi-fi connection? Ive not found too many yet, maybr the other guys and gals on this site can help. Is there a lot or not many?

Anyway russ mate enjoy your first week, you’ll love it!!
Cheers, Paul.

That’s a bit of a personal question isn’t it! But if you must know 2 ex wives and 4 kids! :laughing:

Tramper:
That’s a bit of a personal question isn’t it! But if you must know 2 ex wives and 4 kids! :laughing:

Ha Ha nice one mate - didn`t really mean it like that :laughing:

harey1983:
Hi russjp, Im in the same boat as you mate, been in my current job for a couple of months now, just had my first week tramping…and i loved it!! :smiley: I sounded out a lot of the guys at work to see what they took but if your not able to do that, then take the essentials such as enough clothes, washbag etc.

I carry all my driving stuff like tachos, timesheets etc in a rucksack and all my clothes in a medium sized holdall which does me fine i reckon, tho im sure some guys are moving house judging by the amount of stuff they take!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I also take my laptop with me too so I would say take something to keep you entertained when you finish your shift. I use mine to view loads of…dvds! :sunglasses: While im on the subject of laptops, i was wondering how many truckstops/services have a wi-fi connection? Ive not found too many yet, maybr the other guys and gals on this site can help. Is there a lot or not many?

Anyway russ mate enjoy your first week, you’ll love it!!
Cheers, Paul.

Get yourself a dedicated 24v laptop power supply, (about £45) and a 3 mobile or vodafone mobile broadband dongle (about £15 a month) and you are sorted.

when I run to spain I have a rucksack with maps, tachos, paperwork, wallet, passport, iPod etc. etc. in it…

and a sportsbag with clothes, washkit towels…

Sportsbag x2 for clothes rucksack for bits and bobs, sportsbag number3 for the shower, numerous plastic bags for more clothes. Can and have been away for more than 4 months at a time.

Bowserman, cheers for that i knew the solution was out there somewhere! :smiley:

harey1983:
Bowserman, cheers for that i knew the solution was out there somewhere! :smiley:

No problem, works everywhere but can be a little slow in places. Never going to be as fast as land based broadband.

I use it everyday.

I’m an “other”, as in I carry my kit about in the truck. Far too much of it to do much else, since I self cater. On the odd occassion that it has to come out, what I can’t get away with stashing under seats etc. goes into a LWB Landy and stays there.