1st Time tramping tips?

Hi all.
After several years on class 2 mainly doing retail, I decided to go for my class 1, I have now passed, I was looking to try out the many new experiences this will now present me.

Until now I have been lucky enough to find some class 1 work, but still mainly retail. I have had 2 night shifts running to RDC’s, and to my delight I have a week tramping next week.

Now it is dawning on me how little I actually know about life tramping.

So any tips on what to expect, do, and what best to take with me, would all be greatly appreciated.

NeillG

good luck on your first tramping job.
hope it all works out for you and you join the thousands of us on a permanent basis.
the best list of things to take with you is
clothing
wash gear
bedding
food
cooker
maps
water
money
phone and charger
and your marbles.
anything else will come apparent as time goes by.
but for now just take the essential basics as listed above.

If you wait till I get home have a good list

Keep a close check on your hrs

Park where you feel safe as we can’t all park in serversis or truckstops you should have a decent knowledge of the road network etc if in doubt ask

Depends mate. Are you out week after week or this the odd one?

Collecting Tramping gear can be expensive - collect it slowly as you not not like it.

macci:
Depends mate. Are you out week after week or this the odd one?

Collecting Tramping gear can be expensive - collect it slowly as you not not like it.

At the moment it is just the 1 week, but hopefully it will be ongoing, so not really sure yet, just a foot in the door at the moment.

A sock…

lizard:
good luck on your first tramping job.
hope it all works out for you and you join the thousands of us on a permanent basis.
the best list of things to take with you is
clothing
wash gear
bedding
food
cooker
maps
water
money
phone and charger
and your marbles.
anything else will come apparent as time goes by.
but for now just take the essential basics as listed above.

This is a good list as a starter - All you really need to do is keep yourself clean, well fed, comfortable and warm. It’s very easy to make yourself ill if you don’t look after yourself - good luck with the new job :slight_smile:

As out tues - sat now home this may help

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90870&p=1305146#p1305146

Some excellent tips there and in the links there are some too, thanks for all the help