Nights out kit

Ok so I’m going to be tramping class 1. mostly container work but providing traction to whoever needs it really.

looks like the operating centre is going to be out of a farm near Hook in Hampshire.
I’m thinking about what I’m going to need to take with me

bedding (obviously) sleeping bag or some sort of duvet/blanket combination
pillow

entertainment - kindle, book, ipad, some models to paint
food

any other little items that truckers know of that make life so much more comfortable when you’re parked up?

Foam ear plugs for noisy lay bys or in a truckstop that does trailer change overs all night.
Camping gas cooker from any hardware shop with replaceable cartridges.
Dried powder lasts longer than fresh milk.
Tupperware boxes to store all the gubbins and what nots.
Clip board to keep paperwork tidy.
Bungy cords to separate the suzy lines.
High TOG factor duvet for Winter, low TOG for Summer.
Holdal bag for paperwork,pens,digi rolls,calculator,note paper.
Baby Wipes, hand sterilizer lotion.
Wash bag.
Thermos.
Wheel barrow to haul above from the car boot to the cab.

There’s a list on here somewhere.Personally i prefere a quilt to a sleeping bag. Wet wipes are handy.small camping gas stove.Kettle.Just about everything but the kitchen sink really.

what you said plus:

ear plugs…they go with me anywhere I go :grimacing:

paracetamol for headache (if I get one)

drinking making facilities or a flask for a hot cuppa

bottles of water (for drinking/brushing teeth etc)

that’s it really :laughing:

these days I’d take my violin too so I can have a little play before bed :slight_smile:

DeeBee:
Ok so I’m going to be tramping class 1. mostly container work but providing traction to whoever needs it really.

looks like the operating centre is going to be out of a farm near Hook in Hampshire.
I’m thinking about what I’m going to need to take with me

bedding (obviously) sleeping bag or some sort of duvet/blanket combination
pillow

entertainment - kindle, book, ipad, some models to paint
food

any other little items that truckers know of that make life so much more comfortable when you’re parked up?

Really :open_mouth:

have you never been away from home before :unamused:

Is this not a sticky yet? What ever you would use at home, you probably need it in some form or another.

Rather than make a new thread I thought best to ask on here.

I’m in the running for a job atm, it involves tramping but it’s in an 53reg Scania rigid.

My intentions are to take my phone , kindle and possibly an IPad (mainly for map work) but I have no idea what sort of sockets/chargers are best to take. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Ordinary plug in to the cigarette lighter socket will charge your phone, if you get a two or three plug in adapter that will do your other small items .
Oh, and don’t forget food & money :smiley:

bonnie lass:
0Ordinary plug in to the cigarette lighter socket will charge your phone, if you get a two or three plug in adapter that will do your other small items .
Oh, and don’t forget food & money :smiley:

Spot on! Thanks :smiley:

Oh I never forget me food :wink:

This is a good guide

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90870&p=1305146#p1305146

Blanky a hot water bottle and somthing to put your warm milk in :slight_smile: