gone tramping

so im about to start a new shift at work instead of tue / sat nights i been asked to go mon/friday days tramping after much thought i agreed i drawn up a list of kit il need can anyone think of anything else needed
wash bag / towel
cooking stove
pots/pans/cutlery etc
clean cloths
food
water/cordial
laptop
cool box ( not forking out for a fridge just yet )
kettle/brew making gear
inverter
and all the other kit you take for work maps/sat navs gloves pens yada yada yada can anyone add to this that i would find an essential and also what size inverter would i need for the laptop thanks ppl :laughing:

300w inverter will suffice but bigger the better cos you might want to power some bigger item some day.
most ESSENTIAL item is your own TOILET ROLL

And something to releive yourself in to in the middle of the night nothing worse then getting up dressesdtp takea leek

First aid kit including immodium

Notebook
First Aid
Cash
Licence, CPC/Digi card
sleeping bag, pillow etc.
Deoderant
Phone/Charger
Spare clothes
money AND spare money
torch
hivis
gloves
book to read or something…
driving glasses/sunglassses
toothbrush and paste
pens

Wet Wipes
Hard hat

Why the change? You haven’t become a Stobart franchisee have you? :grimacing:

OVLOV JAY:

hell no i work tue/sat on nights at the mo and although i like driving nights i hate the shift pattern i have no weekends as all my friends are doing things when im working i dont really c the wife and my lad as when i finish for the week im in bed catching up on sleep
this way il tramp mon/fri home for friday tea time at latest and as its days il be able to enjoy the whole weekends with friends and family
pluss the extra cash will do nicely :wink:

Plenty of water
Light bulbs
Tool kit

■■■■ mags and laptop/I pad for ■■■■ surfing :smiley: :smiley:

cliffton 27:

OVLOV JAY:

hell no i work tue/sat on nights at the mo and although i like driving nights i hate the shift pattern i have no weekends as all my friends are doing things when im working i dont really c the wife and my lad as when i finish for the week im in bed catching up on sleep
this way il tramp mon/fri home for friday tea time at latest and as its days il be able to enjoy the whole weekends with friends and family
pluss the extra cash will do nicely :wink:

hi vis

Sam Millar:
Notebook
First Aid
Cash
Licence, CPC/Digi card
Deoderant
Phone/Charger
Spare clothes
money AND spare money
torch
hivis
gloves
toothbrush and paste
pens

Cash, money AND spare money? Are you expecting a major emergency?

I function without any cash whatsoever. It’s the future!

If you think you are going to be home by tea time every Friday tramping then someone’s been telling you porkies,if you run out on a Sunday you may well be but not mon-fri.

Baby wipes are an absolute must. Good for getting grease off clothes and skin and a good wipe around when you dont manage to get a shower.

fire extinguisher,smoke alarms :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

switchlogic:

Sam Millar:
Notebook
First Aid
Cash
Licence, CPC/Digi card
Deoderant
Phone/Charger
Spare clothes
money AND spare money
torch
hivis
gloves
toothbrush and paste
pens

Cash, money AND spare money? Are you expecting a major emergency?

I function without any cash whatsoever. It’s the future!

hahaha, can never be too careful. I didn’t actually see I wrote cash as well :smiley:

Thetaff:
If you think you are going to be home by tea time every Friday tramping then someone’s been telling you porkies,if you run out on a Sunday you may well be but not mon-fri.

o i will be my friend my rota is monday to friday so come every frinday evening il be sat at home with my feet up come hell or high water il only stop out if i decided to do an extra day :wink:

bigger truck might be handy. :smiley: :smiley:

sammy dog:
bigger truck might be handy. :smiley: :smiley:

was thinkinkin maybe a roof rack will come in handy :laughing:

cliffton 27:

Thetaff:

o i will be my friend my rota is monday to friday so come every frinday evening il be sat at home with my feet up come hell or high water il only stop out if i decided to do an extra day :wink:

When i tramped there was no such thing as a rota,unforseen cicumstances,traffic holdups,loads not ready,etc has seen me come home on saturdays many a time.
regards dave.