Training dillema

hi guys

well after a half a day on the phone calling training companies in my area i still dont no which one to go for, I called Alan moffatt in carlisle he uses mercs on both c and c+e and charges £165 a day his tuition is one on one, then i called System group also in carlisle and they charge £180 a day minimum of 6 days their first time pass rate is above national average at about 58% they use volvos mans and dafs there tuition is two to one, as you are all probably aware i am like any other newby who doesnt want to throw there money away on on not so good training so if any of you have had any dealings with either of these training schools any advice would be grately recieved or just advice in general on choosing a training schools

sorry for warbling on

cheers once again

steve

Remember to ask “How many hours actually behind the wheel?”

hi rog

sorry forgot to mention there both 8.30am starts till 5pm
how do you feel on 1 to 1 training or do you recommend 2 to 1

cheers
steve

thomo1709:
hi rog

sorry forgot to mention there both 8.30am starts till 5pm
how do you feel on 1 to 1 training or do you recommend 2 to 1

cheers
steve

you still need the actual ‘behind the wheel’ hours you are paying for.

A lot of schools only do 1 to 1 cos they will not pay to have second seat fitted. :unamused:

Peronally, I recommend 2 to 1 as it give the other trainee time to rest, assimilate what has been learned and observe the errors of the other - in my view it is a much more leisurely learning experience. I have also found that all-day 1 to 1 training knackers the trainee by about 2pm and most of the afternnon is a wasted effort with errors they do not usually do playing a big part which in turn demoralises the trainee.

There will be others with different opinions and it is worth noting them too :smiley:

also rog

do you recommend training in a vehicle with a 4 over 4 gear box or a straight 6 with a splitter.

cheers

steve

thomo1709:
also rog

do you recommend training in a vehicle with a 4 over 4 gear box or a straight 6 with a splitter.

cheers

steve

You wont find many straight 6 with splitter in real life driving but they are easier for C test.
Trouble is, on artic you are more likely to find range change and that will be easier if you did that type of box on C.

YOUR CHOICE

cheers rog

really appreciate all your advice

thanks again

Hi I did 2-1 training, and actually found it very useful, it helps a lot watching and learning from someone else driving , you can pick up their good and bad points
Mick

Hi i did 1 on 1 training.

And like ROG said i was knackered after 4 hrs.
Think i would of preferred 2 to 1 .
To give me time to relax and get my head together.

4 hours of
mirrors , mirrors , hurry up, , slow down, mirrors , change gear , mirrors
etc…
Is enough to drive anyone mad.

Definatly try 2-1 just make sure you get a fair share at the wheel.

when I did mine 2 days were 1 to 1 and the other 2 days were 2 to 1, the last 2 days when it was me and another I drove better as I felt that dointgthe full day on your own was tiring to say the least and by 2 in the afternoon my concentration wast not at its best

cheers guys
i appreciate all you help

thanks again

steve