traffic lights

here we go lads, most of you’s have just past you test’s so hopefully you should know this one.

don’t worry i got it wrong 1st time

what is the correct sequence of the traffic lights :question:

think about it b4 you answer( just 4 fun lads nothing serious meant by it)

ok lets see if i can do it lol
Red
depending on wether it is pedestrian crossing or normal ligths
Red , Amber ( flashing if ped crossing ) ((Also the red light extinguishes before the amber changes))
Green

Green
Amber
Red

i think thats it lol trying to thinki go past how many a day lol and still cant think if that is right

red, red/amber, green.
green, amber, red.

I think :open_mouth:

I dont look to be honest as im colour blind i just drive through regardless as im never to sure.

well done lads have a day off ok have 2 days off sa& sun :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
well done lads have a day off ok have 2 days off sa& sun :laughing: :laughing:

wohoooooooooooooo ty ty ty ty also just on a quick note how many of you have noticed that when walking yes that thing done with legs lol that at ped crossings with lights most do not have the beeping sound when the green man dissapears ?How do the visually impaired know that it isnt safe to cross anymore ( althought there is an inbuilt feature with traffic lights that is for the Visually impaired a spinning disc on the underside of the box that spins faster when green or that so i have been told anyway) but i think that the noise should remain

Red, Red/Amber . Don’t hang about to find out what happens after that.

but, but, but… there’s only one green in the sequence, not two as quoted above.

[gawd I love being a pedant!]

metalhead10:
wohoooooooooooooo ty ty ty ty also just on a quick note how many of you have noticed that when walking yes that thing done with legs lol that at ped crossings with lights most do not have the beeping sound when the green man dissapears ?How do the visually impaired know that it isnt safe to cross anymore ( althought there is an inbuilt feature with traffic lights that is for the Visually impaired a spinning disc on the underside of the box that spins faster when green or that so i have been told anyway) but i think that the noise should remain

The newer puffin crossings (“Pedestrian User-Friendly INtelligent”) have cameras on the top which watch the crossing, and make sure that they don’t change back to green if there’s someone on the crossing. Conversely, they also change back quicker if only one person crosses quickly.

Of course, multiple sets of crossings within earshot of each other have never had the noise (so someone doesn’t hear the noise from a different crossing, and think it’s for them).

Perhaps it’s something to do with putting the red and green men down in the “press button” box instead of on the other side of the road - it’s easier to see there for someone who is only partially sighted.

I’d be surprised if it were a significant step backwards, since disabled peoples’ groups would be up in arms about it.

Wasn’t there something about accidents involving poorly sighted people walking out into the road having mistook reversing bleepers on vehicles nearby for pedestrian crossing bleepers so they had to go…

muckles:
Red, Red/Amber . Don’t hang about to find out what happens after that.

pmsl :laughing:

Gurner:
red, red/amber, green.
green, amber, red.

I think :open_mouth:

I dont look to be honest as im colour blind i just drive through regardless as im never to sure.

wrong sorry :blush:

Red, Lighter Red then another darker Red…?

Gonna have to take these Rose tinted glasses off :blush: :open_mouth:

What a top answer that would be during a driving test. “ermm, top one, top and and middle one together, then the bottom one, Oh, and then the middle one before the top one again… apart from sometimes you get those blue arrows telling you you can turn left or right”

:blush: I think it don’t matter whether you remember what sequence the traffic lights are unless you are taking your test. We can all see the lights, we soon work out what’s next, the fact that if its on green its likely to change any second etc. How do you think the Foreigners get on, they soon work it out just by watching the lights, they don’t get asked what’s the correct order. Its one of those stupid things that you know whats next but don’t need to qoute to anyone. :unamused:

I got the order wrong on my (car) driving test… :blush: :blush:

I’ll just blame the nerves… :slight_smile:

remember fun.was not meant to annoy anyone.

Gurner:
im colour blind i just drive through regardless as im never to sure.

Me too. When I went for my driving test, the examiner points up the road and says, “Read the number plate of that green car over there.”
So I shrugs my shoulders and picks a random car which I think might be green and reads a number plate.
Examiner replies “Thats a brown car further away, but it’ll do.”

I failed anyway. :confused: