Idiot car drivers!

Well thought id seen it all on nights but last night, not one but two seperate incidents on the M25 & M4 made me wonder in disbelief! 1st 10.30pm M25 Jct 17 area car passed me with hazards on no rear lights working, just front sidelights, weather slight rain, then on way back from Thatcham on M4, Reading services area Ford KA passes no lights at all just Hazards flashing, M/way wet with spray :open_mouth: Dont people carry fuse’s / bulbs anymore?? And where were to old bill on these occassions, nowhere to be seen, actually not seen much police activity for ages on the night run!! :unamused:

The number of people with lights / bulbs out is ridiculous. A lot of the time it is more than one light. I’ve also seen more car drivers forgetting to put their lights on in the dark than ever before, this may have something to do with newer cars having lights on the dashboard when the lights on the car are off, nowadays they dim to a night mode when you turn the lights on. We got a letter from VOSA saying about on the spot fines for lights / bulbs being out, I bet this wont carry over to cars who are a lot worse.

Remember though people, it’s the professional drivers that must have a CPC. All car drivers are great drivers and there is no need for any further education for car drivers.

Alan DJ:
All car drivers are great drivers and there is no need for any further education for car drivers.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I might as well give up advanced driver observing now then and I was so enjoying it :wink:

ROG:

Alan DJ:
All car drivers are great drivers and there is no need for any further education for car drivers.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I might as well give up advanced driver observing now then and I was so enjoying it :wink:

Become a wheel tapper ROG, dish out loads of on the spot fines willy nilly, in essence it’s a licence to print money :open_mouth: :exclamation: . You take home 50% of the revenue earned (rest goes to the government) from every fine you’ve issued in your end of month pay packed and you’ll be a millionaire by the 2nd week in april. retire. Job done, happy days. :laughing: :open_mouth: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

What I want to know is how manufacturers get away with building cars that take you an hour to change a headlight bulb. To change a headlight on a 2002 Fiat Punto I had to remove the light unit, which entails removing the bumper (or undoing all the bolts at one end :smiling_imp: ). Same on the 206 CC, had to remove the grill and a front trim piece to remove the headlight to change a bulb because the ABS pump was right behind the light. I carry a full set of spare bulbs in my car and luckily you can change them at the roadside.

tofer:
What I want to know is how manufacturers get away with building cars that take you an hour to change a headlight bulb. To change a headlight on a 2002 Fiat Punto I had to remove the light unit, which entails removing the bumper (or undoing all the bolts at one end :smiling_imp: ). Same on the 206 CC, had to remove the grill and a front trim piece to remove the headlight to change a bulb because the ABS pump was right behind the light. I carry a full set of spare bulbs in my car and luckily you can change them at the roadside.

So you have to go to their garages and get it done. Thats why when you open the modern cars bonnet there is a big plastic cover over everything. :unamused:

Doesn’t work in this case. My car never sees a main dealer. I do all my own servicing and repairs where possible and if it broke on me it’s go to the local Independant Vauxhall place because he’s got the diagnostic stuff to get rid of fault codes etc. My Punto I had brand new was only dealer serviced until the warranty ran out.