Just a rant

This isn’t much just something for you to think about. :unamused:
As you’re travelling eastbound on m4 at junction 19 (m32 meets m4)(sorry it’s j20 where m5 meets m4 :blush: ) have you noticed how many white straight on arrows there are on the floor? No! well there’s 20 in each lane x3 lanes that’s 60 straight on arrows!!
Now you may be thinking so?? if you take that to complete one arrow they have to close off a lane for a minimum of 30 mins (I’m no highways worker I’m guessing it’ll be bout half hour) times that by sixty and then there’s the “eco” side of it and the cost!! :open_mouth:
The government is telling me to switch my little tiny LED on my tv off when I go to bed and they are spending all this money,paint,time and effort on 60 arrows when I think about 6 maybe 9 would be plenty!!! do they think we don’t know where to go on a flippin MOTORWAY?? :imp:
RANT OVER!
Any comments?
Gidion

every little helps!!
it was announced yesterday if the torys win the next election they’ll turn most if not all traffic lights off at night, this made me think. how much money gets wasted a year on pointless street lighting?
on my little cul de sac there’s 4 street lamps multiply that by how ever many 100 meters of road there is in the country then multiply that by the cost of lighting them all nite then multiply that by 365 and you’ve got the cost of all street lighting for a year which is probably a lot. now if they turned half of them of during the night they’d make roughtly a 50% saving. which might cover 1 mp’s expense account for a week.

Couldn’t agree more.

We have millions on the dole or doing community service. Surely they’d be better being gainfully employed by standing on the hard shoulder and pointing the way for unsure drivers! Save a fortune in paint and give them back their self respect I reckon. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mr B:
every little helps!!
it was announced yesterday if the torys win the next election they’ll turn most if not all traffic lights off at night.

They do it in France and it works OK. I find it really annoying, especially at a roundabout, to sit at a totally empty junction waiting for a green light. I would have thought that sensors could detect the volume of traffic and switch the lights on only when needed.

Santa:

Mr B:
every little helps!!
it was announced yesterday if the torys win the next election they’ll turn most if not all traffic lights off at night.

They do it in France and it works OK. I find it really annoying, especially at a roundabout, to sit at a totally empty junction waiting for a green light. I would have thought that sensors could detect the volume of traffic and switch the lights on only when needed.

The traffic lights failed on the roundabout above J16 M4 a couple of weeks ago . . . ive never seen the traffic move so freely (is that a word?) :confused:
On the subject of wasting money, theres a sign as you enter Swindon via the A420 stating . . .“For Town centre shopping - follow Town centre” :laughing:
Has anybody had the pleasure of getting onto the A419, N or S, from North Swindon - whoever designed that junction wants shagging imo.

What about the traffic lights which are on green as you approach then turn red to stop you - at 3 o clock in the morning!!!

They’ve just ‘planted’ hundreds of new street lights in Washington, because 2 people got knocked over crossing a main road - only a few yerds from a pedestrian crossing! How much has that cost and how much will it cost for the rest of time?

It’s 1 reason I don’t recycle the few can/bottles or anything else I use in my house!

Suedehead:

Santa:

Mr B:
every little helps!!

The traffic lights failed on the roundabout above J16 M4 a couple of weeks ago . . . ive never seen the traffic move so freely (is that a word?) :confused:
On the subject of wasting money, theres a sign as you enter Swindon via the A420 stating . . .“For Town centre shopping - follow Town centre” :laughing:
Has anybody had the pleasure of getting onto the A419, N or S, from North Swindon - whoever designed that junction wants shagging imo.

Yeah the 1st time I used that junction I didn’t have a clue what was going on■■? and imo a total waste of time and money because it was fine as it was!! now if you want to go south you’ve got one ell of a wait!!!

[quote="
Has anybody had the pleasure of getting onto the A419, N or S, from North Swindon - whoever designed that junction wants shagging imo.[/quote]
I designed it what time can your wife come round?

Part Timer:
[quote="

[/quote]
Shes not prepared to travel that far for one “up the chocolate starfish”

Suedehead:

Part Timer:
[quote="

Shes not prepared to travel that far for one “up the chocolate starfish”
[/quote]
Thats okay I got bored waiting so carried on without her.