Tractor and fastrac drivers

They drive so bad.Never give way,dont know where the brakes are.Full power,and push away everything that is the way.Tractors and trailers,and those fast tractors that do 50 mph in a 30mph limit.If im walking,i have to dive for cover,in case they mount the pavement,and put me and the kids in a box. :imp:

Nice to know even ‘Village Idiots’ can get jobs in these troubled times… :grimacing: :grimacing: :unamused:

Village idiot,is that ref to one man protestor for a driver over the weight limit bridge?I was born on a farm,then we got a compulsory purchase order,which did my dads heart in,bypass operation.Bully boy tactics in tractors,think they own the road. :sunglasses:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :wink:

dont get me started,i can feel a rant coming…

toby1234abc:
They drive so bad.Never give way,dont know where the brakes are.Full power,and push away everything that is the way.Tractors and trailers,and those fast tractors that do 50 mph in a 30mph limit.If im walking,i have to dive for cover,in case they mount the pavement,and put me and the kids in a box. :imp:

Funny enough i’ve never read a report of a tractor driver hitting a lorry on one of the main roads across the country and killing the driver. I’ve read a few the other way round though. I’ve never read a report of a tractor and trailer killing anyone in a town,village or city centre but i have read a few even just recently of lorrys killing people. If you’re ducking out the way of tractors then your nuts. BTW, how did you get on with your speeding charge?

toby1234abc:
those fast tractors that do 50 mph in a 30mph limit.If im walking,i have to dive for cover,in case they mount the pavement,and put me and the kids in a box. :imp:

Because of the low gearing which limits the top speed, they have to rev the knuts off them to get a decent cruising speed, so they just sound like they’re doing 50mph :exclamation: , they’re more likely doing 50kph :slight_smile:

most tractors produced In the last 5 or so years have 50 kph transmissions
and a lot have some form of suspension either cab(not much good for handling but helps with driver comfort) or front axle ( also not much good for handling)but its not the speed of the tractors u should be worried about (and yes most of the are screaming there nuts aff at top whack whetere it 40 or 50 kpm) but how they will stop be it mounted implements more weight on the tractor no extra stopping power or trailed be it a 15 year old trailer with 16 tonne of grain in it that hasn’t had its hydraulic brakes looked at since it was new or a trailed implement that doesn’t have any brakes

bear in mind also that theres no formal testing or inspections for agricultural machine’s whether its the prime mover or the trailed piece of equipment
bear in mind that as u read this peeps im currently working in agriculture and u can be sure that i have checked out the breaks on the tractors and trailers that im using and i have refused to use a tractor and trailer the other week cause the breaks were shot i did adjust them up and they were better but that was only after the other tractor driver moaned about them as well