Hiya everyone and happy Easter

After months of inactivity I’ve been booked by Taylor Hughes (Agency) in Wakefield to do four nights Class 2 depot to depot work for Swithenbank Foods
aka 3663. Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week, 7pm starts.

Truck pickup at Roydsdale Road, Bradford and off to Enfield depot. Been onto the 3663 web site and have found a map and directions for Enfield - so that’s cool. Wondered if it’ll be a full load coming back ?

Just wondered if anyone has experience of this run. Also wondered what the state of play with the M1 upgrades was - will look at Highways Agency site for info but prefer real info from professional road users.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

Malc

can only inform you that 3663 reads FOOD if texted from a mobile - not a lot of help but a good bit of trivia :unamused:

hi mate
we deliver into enfield every night i belive they come down the a1 come off the m25 at the a10 follow down towards london watch out for the scameras turn left at b+q /morrisons with cinema on righthand side of rd past tescos right at lights left at next set straight down thru resedential rd past shops on left turn right follow round and youll be there ( you’ll see some other 36663 wagons waiting )
if you see a scania lorry delivering salad got out of the way and free up the bays for me
its a blind side revese in follow painted line with n/s of vehicle the record is over 45 mins
come say hi im the driver dressed in green with a beard

i know nothing about 3663 but i went to london on m1 yesterday morning and the roadworks for the road widening at luton were causing delays, i went through just after 6.30am and it wasnt too bad but on the way back after lunch the southbound queue was quite long, i would have thought it would be quieter once you got there in the evening though

bagpuss:
hi mate
we deliver into enfield every night i belive they come down the a1 come off the m25 at the a10 follow down towards london watch out for the scameras turn left at b+q /morrisons with cinema on righthand side of rd past tescos right at lights left at next set straight down thru resedential rd past shops on left turn right follow round and youll be there ( you’ll see some other 36663 wagons waiting )
if you see a scania lorry delivering salad got out of the way and free up the bays for me
its a blind side revese in follow painted line with n/s of vehicle the record is over 45 mins
come say hi im the driver dressed in green with a beard

The road you want is South street Ponders End mate down to the curve and turn right

walks:
i know nothing about 3663 but i went to london on m1 yesterday morning and the roadworks for the road widening at luton were causing delays, i went through just after 6.30am and it wasnt too bad but on the way back after lunch the southbound queue was quite long, i would have thought it would be quieter once you got there in the evening though

Not if they close it to one lane , what a nightmare .
Please hurry up and complete the works .

Hi Malc,

I wish you luck. My agency booked me for a similar run for the Swansea 3663 depot before Chistmas. They told me it was just a drive down and back of approx 1.5 Hrs.

What they didn’t say was that you were also expected to help the warehouse staff in loading all the other trucks before you came back. I ended up leaving at about 4:30am.

I wasn’t prepared for this, and at this particular depot the loading area was open to the night and a cold wind and I was freezing by the time I’d finished.

I was booked for a week I lasted one night. I don’t mind doing a bit of loading, that’s part of the job but I thought this was taking the ■■■■.

Regards,

Steve.

3663 is Handball hell

ROG:
can only inform you that 3663 reads FOOD if texted from a mobile - not a lot of help but a good bit of trivia :unamused:

When i saw the post title, i just knew you would post that ROG :laughing:

Thanks for all of the advice fellas - much appreciated.

I’ll be asking some pertinent questions at the depot before I leave and if it’s not up to the mark - I can always tell them to stick it where the sun don’t shine… looking forward to being out on the road but alas there are always trade off’'s.

Don’t mind working hard for anyone but my maxim is don’t take the ■■■■ and I won’t take umbrage.

I won’t expect double time for Easter Sunday and Bank Holiday !