Working for 3663

Anyone currently working for 3663 wanna let me know what it’s like. Found a few posts on here but most are at least a couple of years old. Been offered it on agency work and as it’s gonna be my first job since passing last week I’ll been having to take it anyway for the experience. I’ve not got an issue with handball, done plenty of that driving 3.5t and actually like having something else to do. Just wondered what the general working conditions were like and what vehicles are used etc

Don’t know anything about working conditions, in case you weren’t already told it’ll probably be retail cages and a fridge with a tail lift. Oh, expect high street deliveries too.

I have no experience of retail cages myself but from reading posts on here, they can get very heavy.

HTH

Hope this doesn’t come over as patronising, but watch the back end swing. Saw a 3663 a week or two back and commented on the length of the overhang. Good looking, new truck though.

Cages will be heavy and 3663 have a reputation for upstairs, downstairs, out the back yard deliveries. So you’ll earn your money but it’s a start.

Suggest an extra Weetabix before you go!

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve a friend who works for Bookers n the cash and carry side. He’s fairly pleased with them overall. 3663 is part of Bookers so that’s a good start I spose.

Peter Smythe:
Hope this doesn’t come over as patronising, but watch the back end swing. Saw a 3663 a week or two back and commented on the length of the overhang. Good looking, new truck though.

Cages will be heavy and 3663 have a reputation for upstairs, downstairs, out the back yard deliveries. So you’ll earn your money but it’s a start.

Suggest an extra Weetabix before you go!

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Not at all patronising. As a newbie any handy advice and tips are gratefully accepted

Unless 3663 / Bidvest have changed in the last 18 months, we didn’t have cages. We had pallets (always badly stacked) which needed stripping down and wheeling through tight accesses / up or down steps to the store rooms. The sack barrows always had punctures or were ropey.

It taught me a lot about real trucking and I now don’t moan (much) about the easier jobs.

Best of luck. BTW, which depot are you going to be based at?

dar1976:
Unless 3663 / Bidvest have changed in the last 18 months, we didn’t have cages. We had pallets (always badly stacked) which needed stripping down and wheeling through tight accesses / up or down steps to the store rooms. The sack barrows always had punctures or were ropey.

It taught me a lot about real trucking and I now don’t moan (much) about the easier jobs.

My bad, was a guess as nobody else had responded yet and I didn’t check when the topic was posted. :blush:

dar1976:

Will be based at Harlow, Essex

Hi ben
Used to work for brakes food service same as 3663 used to run us everywhere all on hand trolleys no fun up steps even the boxes of chips are 15 kilo each.
Be good driving experience but full pub car parks can be fun to get round.

1 thing to consider is money brakes used to get us to collect cash off some customers been week before Christmas ive gone back with £ cash in the cab sure 3663 do the same as well.

Jeff.

:bulb: It’s not a good idea to say that on a public forum. dd. :wink:

My mate works at 3663 newbridge Edinburgh most of the work is handball he collects money from certain drops too also the warehouse just chuck the stuff on the back of the truck I.e not in any order. A lot of the time. Only upside is u get freebies at some drops

True. Burger King always gave me a drink and sometimes they’d do a burger too.

Daytrunker:
Hi ben
Used to work for brakes food service same as 3663 used to run us everywhere all on hand trolleys no fun up steps even the boxes of chips are 15 kilo each.
Be good driving experience but full pub car parks can be fun to get round.

1 thing to consider is money brakes used to get us to collect cash off some customers been week before Christmas ive gone back with over £ in cash in the cab sure 3663 do the same aswell.

Jeff.

Interesting :bulb: :wink:

I was chatting to a Brakes driver a while back & he said that they have to unload, carry/trolley it to the kitchen then put the stuff in the fridge/freezer. :open_mouth: (I don’t know, but would imagine 3663 are much the same)

He laughed when I asked him if he had to cook it-serve it & wash the Bloody Dishes when they’d finished eating it. :laughing:

On the upside, it was a carvery at lunchtime & he was going to get a free Nosh Up for his troubles. :smiley:

I did Dominoes for a month about 15 years ago, 9 or 10 drops from Staines to Brighton, used to leave around 4 in the morning & get back 4 & 6 in the afternoon, put my Taco on break whilst unloading. You had keys to some of the shops & unloaded every thing into the shop & Fridges (there’s some really Filthy outlets round the back, that’s why I very rarely have a Dominoes :confused: )

Knackered me out & the poxy fridge above my head was giving me headaches (so I used to switch it off) & they used to make me work weekends, that’s when I got into the waste industry, found it a lot easier (if not smellier :laughing: )

dar1976:

I used to do the bins at a local KFC & we used to take extra.
The nice kind Generous Asian Manager gave me a cup of coffee ! ------------ ONCE (tight git) :laughing:
(I don’t even like their coffee :imp: )

martinviking:

dar1976:

I used to do the bins at a local KFC & we used to take extra.
The nice kind Generous Asian Manager gave me a cup of coffee ! ------------ ONCE (tight git) :laughing:
(I don’t even like their coffee :imp: )

i was based at royton and there was always a freebie to be had i used to get 2 massive pizzas on my sat run ( handy when the lads came round ) best one was a nandos voucher :grimacing:

Not sure how many drops 3663 will give you but I used to go out with 25+ every day sometimes 35 not fun when you have all your frozen maybe 500 items in 6 long cages and move boxes to find 1 box.
The lads who did Birmingham City Centre used to have over 50 sometimes 60 drops a day.

As for freebies got a coffee at first drop then coffee every fourth drop and food sometimes oh the joys of planning your own route lol.at Christmas came back with beer wine spirits money lol private houses are fun to deliver too specially early morning :slight_smile: