Looking for Work

Hi I am a Class 2 Driver of 7 years with a couple of questions

I have been to an agency and they said the 3663 work out of Stowmarket is what everyone wants to do rather then the Curtain Sider Pallet work is this True ? I thought Pallet work was easy and the 3663 work is really hard work ?

Also what are Debach like to work for on Class 2 and Dooley Rumble ?

Are there any Agencies to avoid ?

Does anyone know anyone know anyone taking on Class 2 drivers in the Sufolk area please ? Thank you

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

if you want to hump boxes of foodstuff up and down stairs for a living then yes 3663 is the right job.

That is exactly what I thought it was about that job. I thought when he told me I was being stupid for a second lol

sorry I cant give any info on the rest as I don’t honestly know anything about them.

No problem at least you have confirmed what I already thought about 3663

Sounds like he was hoping you’d fall for his charm and jump after the 3663 job, just say that you don’t want to tread on anyones toes and happy leaving all the regulars on that job and prefer to work your way up the ladder doing the pallet network ■■■■ :slight_smile:

keebs26uk:
Are there any Agencies to avoid ?

Yes! the one you contacted.

It’s hard work but I managed 18 months doing food service and I’m not fit at all. Drops were mixed some you just swapped your full cages for empties and others involved a few flights of stairs between your lorry and the kitchen. Pay was good, pretty much the same as I get now for class 1 work.

The hardest job I have done so far was being a drayman, you did less then 10hrs a day but that was hard physically and rushing about to keep to time slots often going up a down the same road due to customers asking for different times.

If I still wanted class 2 work and was money driven food service or ups would be my first call.

I today got offered work that is Saturdays and Sundays delivering water in a class 2 tanker, has anyone done this ? The guy says it is hard work but well paid ? Apparently you deliver drinking water to Construction sites and Festivals and they pay for your Hotel when away ? You have to clean your tanks etc, not too sure how hard it can be but he says it is

Thanks for the advice people

3663 = Bidvest = NO

alder:
3663 = Bidvest = NO

+1

haha so I take it 3663 is a 100% No or am I wrong lol

Still no one hasn’t got much information on delivering Water on a tanker then ?

keebs26uk:
haha so I take it 3663 is a 100% No or am I wrong lol

Depends if you wanna sell your body :grimacing:

S’funny but the 3663 drivers i’ve met have only left when the depot closed and they didn’t want the silly commute, one in particular is a right moaner so it can’t be as bad as some make it out.

The problem with opinions about lorry work is that a growing number of people already in and entering the game want to be just chauffeurs, sitting on their spreading arses whilst east europeans usually do the work, a job is what you make it.

That is true, I have been on containers and that job honestly makes me so lazy, all I do is sit there while they unload me for 30min to sometimes 4 or 5 hours on a 20 footer. I actually feel so much more lazier then I was before the job lol it can’t be good for you being that lazy I am learning you have to be doing something