Top Gear in the Midlands

Hi Guys

Do any of you have any experience with them or can you recommend a firm in near Dudley where I can try for my C + E.

Any help advice much appreciated.

regards

ifty

Welcome ifty :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you for CE :smiley: :smiley:

As for Top Gear, I have no personal experience of them but their lorries look nice - not a lot of help that :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused:

They are quite a large concern I think so maybe someone can give you some info on them and maybe recommend an instructor who works for them :slight_smile:

Hi ifty

I did my training with them , nearly 3 years ago now , but I would recomend them. The instuctors are easy going but still professional and that made me feel at home. I did my Test at Gloucester , but they do test’s at a few places.
They also have the use of very large Car Park in staffs i think for you to practise you reversing and braking out on .

Bottom line would i spend my cash money with them again ? , yes :slight_smile:

Out of the ones I know of, theres also CTT in Wolverhampton (good and bad reports), DTT in Dudley (Peartree lane Ind Est) who are supposed to be good, really old wagon, but if it does the job… RTITB in Telford which is a bit further afield and they are expensive, but are good and wagons are excellent, did my C with them. And West Midlands Transport Training in Aldridge, again further to travel but worth it IMO, I did my C+E with them.

Hmmm, Clarkson, May & the Hamster as instructors - could be interesting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:
Hmmm, Clarkson, May & the Hamster as instructors - could be interesting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I saw him on the phone about it :stuck_out_tongue:

i passed my class 2 with topgear i had a different instructor every day …and there was ginger haired idiot from telford who used to just gob off all day…
ctt dont even get me started with them booked my class 1 with them, gave them 2 months notice they asked if i wanted full size artic our 10t wagon and drag, i said full sized when got to start lessons was on wagon and drag …i fialed with them but that was no fault on them but when it came to booking a retest what a joke 3 weeks and i never heard a thing in end i got my retest money back …

Saw a CTT wagon in Wolverhampton today, shiny new Eurocargo with a trailer, think it might’ve been a C1+E truck though, definately wasn’t a C+E, least I hope not :confused: Instructor looked like he was having a nice time with the seat next to him, arm around it, the lot :laughing: