New to the site as ive just passed my class c test been to read posts for info while doing my test and found it most helpful so just thought id say hello will be looking for weekend work once i get me tacho card in the midlands area so if anybody knows of anywhere taking newbies on for a couple of shifts give us a shout;)
Anybody thinkin of training in the west mids area give top gear a shout in halesowen great instructors there with real experience and were always happy to answer any questions i had i passed second time but shouldve passed first time with the training id been given thought id failed once a car pulled out on me but hadnt and didnt give a toss after turned out hed only given me a minor and failed on something else cos i wasnt paying attention so my advice never give up when out on test just keep going

Predator379:
will be looking for weekend work

Do you have a mon to fri job?

Yes rog making beds at the mo for a well known company been here for going on 7 years now seems longer lol

If you work mon to fri then you can only drive for one day every other weekend due to weekly rest rules

In any week where you drive then the other job must be officially recorded

Thanx for the heads up rog much app mate wouldnt have known that how would i go about recording the hours for the mon - fri job ?

Predator379:
Thanx for the heads up rog much app mate wouldnt have known that how would i go about recording the hours for the mon - fri job ?

Easiest way is to get a box of analogue tacho cards and use 1 for each day worked with your name, date, start and finish times on each

After 28 calendar days you can bin them

Thanx rog :wink:

Predator379:
New to the site as ive just passed my class c test been to read posts for info while doing my test and found it most helpful so just thought id say hello will be looking for weekend work once i get me tacho card in the midlands area so if anybody knows of anywhere taking newbies on for a couple of shifts give us a shout;)
Anybody thinkin of training in the west mids area give top gear a shout in halesowen great instructors there with real experience and were always happy to answer any questions i had i passed second time but shouldve passed first time with the training id been given thought id failed once a car pulled out on me but hadnt and didnt give a toss after turned out hed only given me a minor and failed on something else cos i wasnt paying attention so my advice never give up when out on test just keep going

Hey There predator 379!

I just recently passed My Cat C and my C+E with Top Gear, a great bunch of lads! have you done your CPC yet? just have my Mods 2 & 4 to do bud

No mate not yet need to get on it soon before the mad rush starts im thinkin luckily i havnt gotta do the test cos im old lol thinkin of goin in on the saturday courses theyve got goin
Congrats on gettin ya c+e by the way cant wait to go for mine gotta get some money together again though first was it much harder than the class c?

Predator379:
No mate not yet need to get on it soon before the mad rush starts im thinkin luckily i havnt gotta do the test cos im old lol thinkin of goin in on the saturday courses theyve got goin

Saturday courses for the initial dcpc or the periodic dcpc ■■

You will need initial first before you can do periodic unless you already had a LGV C1 on licence before you did C

I did rog passed my car test in 94 but thanx for checking :wink:

Predator379:
I did rog passed my car test in 94 but thanx for checking :wink:

just 35 hours of periodic dcpc for you before 09/09/2014 if you want to continue to drive commercially after that date

Koolio :slight_smile: hopefuly i can get started soon

Predator379:
Congrats on gettin ya c+e by the way cant wait to go for mine gotta get some money together again though first was it much harder than the class c?

hey mate, nah it was straight forward to be honest, just mastering the reverse & the coupling procedure and just road position, but with determination and hard work, Justice paid off! :slight_smile:

I see your lucky with your cpc, i have to do these crappy 2 new mods that are in force, so yet again back again to the test center lol