TOP DOLLAR

Hi all

so whats the top whack/wage you haev ever heard or know of being earned by a trucker? what was he/her driving? hours? compnay?

intrested to know just how much you could potentialyl earn! :wink:

My girlfriends dad earns £600 week take home after tax but does have class 1 and works nights out of Felixstowe goes to work about 6pm comes home time varies but usually around 4-7am time. I myself would love to earn the wage but its very hard almost impossable without the 2 years experience, passed class 2 month ago stil cant find good paid work in fact cant find even low paid class 2 work

Hi if it is a good wage dont come into driving as not many well paid jobs & very little potential of promotion or an increase

If you are prepared to be away from home for long periods, some jobs pay well, removals can see earnings with night out money topping £650 take home, but that would involve a lot of hard graft and never being home to enjoy the fruits of your labour, I think some tour companies pay good money as well with the same time away from home.
General haulage is never going to make you rich, and overall truck driving is not the best place to be if you like a big wage packet.
Any job where you are expected to work long hours isn’t going to pay well otherwise most workers wouldn’t work the long hours required and would only work long enough to make what they need, so poor wages is necessary to get you to do the hours in the first place :open_mouth:

Hi new to this site so hello to you all , im working at uk mail driving artics on nights trunking its ok but the moneys not great and it involves loading unloading myself , anyway iv been looking for somthing better and tomoz i have an interview for a Container company and just wanted to know if the wages they are offering is the going rate for that kind of work , Guaranteed minimum weekly wage £400 (days) & £440 (nights)

• Expected earnings of £525 plus, per week. also what kind of hours id need to do for the top rate , and the fact it would be before stopages so only work out about £380 take home. any help input welcome , thx in advance.

i know a company that pays just short of 4 figures before tax every week…and you barely work sometimes

and i know it aint bull

Busmanian:
Hi new to this site so hello to you all , im working at uk mail driving artics on nights trunking its ok but the moneys not great and it involves loading unloading myself , anyway iv been looking for somthing better and tomoz i have an interview for a Container company and just wanted to know if the wages they are offering is the going rate for that kind of work , Guaranteed minimum weekly wage £400 (days) & £440 (nights)

• Expected earnings of £525 plus, per week. also what kind of hours id need to do for the top rate , and the fact it would be before stopages so only work out about £380 take home. any help input welcome , thx in advance.

On box work you’ll be doing max legal hours for those figures. I will guarantee it.

them sums are more likely before tax and stuff so thats not great pay , guess about 24k almost pa , think ill stay where i am and look for somthing closer to save me my £80 PM TRAVEL.