Wages

Hey Everyone.
I have a quick question, Im 43 years old and Ive my licence since I was 21. Ive driven bulk tippers and containers but the problem is the inconsistency in the wages. Ive earnt £187 per week doing farm produce bulk tipping and £560 doing night work on the containers but as you can see the huge gap inbetween the two wages. Ive tried speaking to other drivers but they are reluctant to discuss their wages. So Im asking everyone on here “what is an average wage for truck drivers?”… I hope you can help as Ive been of the road for 5 years and would like to get back out there and dont want to get ripped off again.
Thanks to all that reply… :smiley:

Mick72:
Hey Everyone.
I have a quick question, Im 43 years old and Ive my licence since I was 21. Ive driven bulk tippers and containers but the problem is the inconsistency in the wages. Ive earnt £187 per week doing farm produce bulk tipping and £560 doing night work on the containers but as you can see the huge gap inbetween the two wages. Ive tried speaking to other drivers but they are reluctant to discuss their wages. So Im asking everyone on here “what is an average wage for truck drivers?”… I hope you can help as Ive been of the road for 5 years and would like to get back out there and dont want to get ripped off again.
Thanks to all that reply… :smiley:

I can only speak for the area I’m in (shropshire/north wales) and it also seems to be dependent on the hours you do. But it seems to range anywhere on class 2 day work from minimum £350 take home to £560+ take home on nights doing class 1 tramping.

I think it also depends on what part of the country you live in as well

500 pw should be easily achievable where I am. 3 counties/London.

Average around £450 take home after tax and ni for around 46 hours a week class 2 work

I work for a metal recycling company in the west midland I work Fri sat sun Mon Tue nights and I take home between £675 - £750 per week (depends on if I do a 5 day or 6 day week or if I do 10 hour nights or more) I look after one company of a night and it depends on how much they process we never know until we get there if it’s busy or quiet if it’s quiet we watch films all night if it’s busy we do 3 exchanges and then I’m out of drive time the rates are £14 per hour Mon to Fri nights and £19.89 weekend nights that’s class 2 roros artic rate is + £1 per hour it’s a very good crack :wink:

Which area are you? I can speak for South Lincs. Fridge work, pay is low, even for fridges which tend to be lower pay. A 5 day week with 67 real hours worked. Half hour deducted for dinner each day. This nets £435 ish. If you do 70 plus pushes it up to 450-460. Not that you’d want to be doing that every week.

James the cat:
Which area are you? I can speak for South Lincs. Fridge work, pay is low, even for fridges which tend to be lower pay. A 5 day week with 67 real hours worked. Half hour deducted for dinner each day. This nets £435 ish. If you do 70 plus pushes it up to 450-460. Not that you’d want to be doing that every week.

West midlands mate dudley to be precise I do about a 48 hour week for that but do bare In mind it’s nights midweek rest days (working weekends) :frowning: and is one of the higher paid companies in the area but the work is very easy and I enjoy it which is half the battle our day drivers on class 2 average about £370 - £440 per week take home for between 40 - 48 hour weeks also our company works on the maximum 60 hour week and 48 hour average over 17 weeks