Took Class 2 test today

…and FAILED :frowning:

Got 3 serious faults :open_mouth:

Use of Mirrors when signalling - examiner reckoned I was looking & signalling at the same time
Timing of signals - examiner said that when he asked me to turn off the A1 I was “a second or two late with my signal” FFS !!!
Judgement when meeting vehicle - he reckoned I should have stopped for a silver van outside Thorp Arch prison. I can’t for the life of me remember the 'incident. :confused:

Apart from those it was OK. I’m bloody gutted & drained with the emotion of it all.
Never dreamed I’d fail for things that I did. I was more concerned with hitting kerbs, rolling back etc, so they came as a bit of a suprise to be honest.

It’s knocked me for six. But oh well that’s life I guess. :smiley:

Bad luck mate, Get in for a resit asap. When i failed first time i was gutted, i just kept going over and over the things i did wrong what i could have done differently, Don’t beat yourself up over it, you know what to expect next time.

Hi Keano mate, I’m really sorry to hear that. I was thinking about you today at 2 oclock. As hectors dad said get yourself back in for a retest asap. Some of the guys who work at our place failed 2 or 3 times on their class c and they are driving c + e now so don’t let it get you down. Easier said than done I suppose like you said your emotionaly drained but keep your chin up bud.

Nige

next time Keano - no prob - just dont get the “second test nerves!”

Hectors-dad, Big Nige & ROG , a big thank you for your thoughts . Cheered me up no end.
I agree that the thing to do is to get back in there for a re-test asap. My missus has just told me to get on the phone to-morrow & get it booked. So I better obey I guess :open_mouth:

As Hectors-dad said I certainly know what to expect next time & that must be a good thing. I couldn’t believe how bloody stressful a test could be.

Anyway onwards & upwards. I feel better all ready. :smiley: Cheers

Bad luck, I think most ppl seem to flunk their first one? I know I did. Usually 2nd or 3rd time round it’s sorted for most though. At least despite his suggestion that they’re serious faults they’re not gonna require serious training to fix.

Just do what I do and look in your mirrors just as much as you look out of the windscreen (well almost as much)…and make it obvious. I learnt this from doing my motorcycle test, as the instructor on the bike behind you can’t see you using your eyes to check your mirrors unless you physically move your head, so learnt to emphasise it just for him and do the same when driving the truck. The signalling for the exit sounds a bit pedantic unless u signalled just as u hit the last countdown marker. Good luck with retest.

Unlucky mate I failed my 1st class 1 test before passing the 2nd time and now I’m loving life as a king of the road you’ll do it. Best of luck next time :wink: