To Young For Europe?

1st of all welcome to trucknet, if you’ve got the chance of europe take it cos if you read through other posts you’ll see it’s a welcome relief to the crap you put up with in the UK :open_mouth:
any questions you might have and can’t find an answer in the stickys just ask as there are members on here living in france, germany and spain, not sure about italy though :confused:
most of all just enjoy yourself

welshboyinspain:
1st of all welcome to trucknet, if you’ve got the chance of europe take it cos if you read through other posts you’ll see it’s a welcome relief to the crap you put up with in the UK :open_mouth:
any questions you might have and can’t find an answer in the stickys just ask as there are members on here living in france, germany and spain, not sure about italy though :confused:
most of all just enjoy yourself

Hi WBIS, that’s great advice mate. :smiley:

I think Mr r slicker has Italy covered, and you’d go a long way to beat Mr orys on Poland. :grimacing:

Oh, and I almost forgot that I went to Calais once… :laughing: :wink:

Age doesn’t have to be a barrier to European work, we have a 22 year old at our place doing Euro work, and he has been doing it for a year now ever since he got his licence. Often it is a case of being in the right place at the right time or who you know rather than what you know to get a Euro job at a young age but it’s not impossible.

Thanks For the advice guys really apreciate it!
Think im just going to bite the bullet and go straight in the deep end!
I Just know when i used to travel with my dad on school holidays which was back when i was 14 only 24 now tho but you know this getting old aint easy!ha ha,He used to have a good craic with fellow brits murfitts were around then and EM Rogers doing JCB’s back from italy!Just wondered really is it the same kind of lifestyle now? And another question is Le Pub at bour still open?That used to be a favourite haunt with me old man! And another one was The sisters in milan!
Has everyone had a busy week then?

Since Murfitts went, which wasn’t long before the Eastern Bloc’ers started coming in, there’s far fewer UK companies doing several weeks away. It isn’t worth it any more because rates are so tight, wages haven’t gone up much so drivers don’t want to be away several weeks at a time, it isn’t worth it for us either.

The Pub at Bourg is still open, as is The Sisters (or Alcatraz) at Arluno.

The job has evolved a lot in the last few years and the lifestyle has changed with it, so no, it isn’t the way it was even a few years ago.

and EM Rogers doing JCB’s back from italy!

Thats arse about face isnt it ? :confused: