To the skip driver on the M1 today

I’d like to take a moment to thank the skip driver on the M1 northbound just before Tibshelf Services at 11.30-ish this morning for the excellent demonstration of why IT IS THE LAW to sheet a load.

An empty 25 gallon steel barrel that blew off the top of your skip hitting my wagon and ripping off a 3500 PSI hydraulic hose before slamming into a Sprinter and stuffing the left hand corner.

I don’t suppose you ever use your mirrors but you sure as hell didn’t hang around…

You’re lucky I saw it coming and had already started to brake otherwise you may have been in the nick tonight facing death by dangerous driving charges as it was lined up perfectly with my position behind the wheel.

If anyone knows of a skip hire company/scrap merchants in the South Yorks area that run dark red/maroon vehicles, there’s a couple of drivers that are interested in having a word.

Ive been thinking of building my own bbq i dont suppose you stopped to pick it up did you?.

jammymutt :laughing:

jammymutt:
Ive been thinking of building my own bbq i dont suppose you stopped to pick it up did you?.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

:laughing:

Did you let the local plod know.
They might have got it on the motorway camaras :question:

About a year back I was following a skip wagon round the M60 near Stockport and a 6x4" wrought iron gate fell off into the motorway. I managed to swerve round it luckily. I belled up the plod on 999 and told them what had happened and the woman said to me “this number is for emergency’s only sir”.

I says to her that in my opinion it IS an emergency. She disagreed and said that emergency are only if peoples lives are in immediate danger or if a crime is in the process of being committed :unamused: . She said she’d pass the message on to the right area and she’d try to get someone out to have a look (in a really bored and uninterested tone).

I says to her “don’t you want the registration of the truck?”.

“No I don’t need that sir. Is that all? Good bye”.

I couldn’t believe it. :angry:

But did you get the GATE?? :open_mouth:

Would have made a fine grill for Jammy’s Barbie :unamused:

Yea and Jammy could invite us all to’ the official opening of the new garden’ barbie :exclamation: eh jammie :question: promise not to wear my England shirt :wink:

Rob K:
…I belled up the plod on 999 and told them what had happened and the woman said to me “this number is for emergency’s only sir”.

I says to her that in my opinion it IS an emergency. She disagreed and said that emergency are only if peoples lives are in immediate danger or if a crime is in the process of being committed :unamused: . She said she’d pass the message on to the right area and she’d try to get someone out to have a look (in a really bored and uninterested tone).

I says to her “don’t you want the registration of the truck?”.

“No I don’t need that sir. Is that all? Good bye”.

I couldn’t believe it. :angry:

typical, the police are a joke. All they seem intersted in is zapping motorists going 3mph over the limit. And by the way that WAS an emergency - it is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE to obstruct the path of a motorway and obviously EXTREMELY dangerous to say the very least