TNT Interview

Hi all, currently working at Reed Boardall but I have an interview at TNT on tuesday, theyve rang and asked if id be interested in a Spare Driver Position to start me off with, this could involve covering anything from 7.5T Multidrop to Class 1 bulk runs.

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

if you are not taking a drop in wages then wouod say go for it. at least you may get a bit variety■■?

you never know :smiley:

if its exspress take it.the moneys good long hrs on multi drop on 7and ahalf tonners but they take home artic wages night trunk drivers get a trunk bonus for more miles on top of there hourly rate which is nearer a tenner i think and you do get trained by them for adr and airport security.hope this helps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Id second everything dreva just said.

From some of the TNT 7.5 tonner drivers I spoke to, the Artic drivers on multidrop are on pretty good money.

They do a thing called “trail blazing” where they promote to Artics from within apparently.

However, I have been told that the majority of your time will be spent driving 7.5 tonners.

But that’s just from one driver that I know.

It’s probably the Darlo or perhaps Houghton depot is it?

Tees Valley Airport it is and its days only - was looking at it as an option, if i have to work my up from the baby ones im not sure i could stick as im on class 1 every day at the moment :confused:

russip your get same money for little ones as will at reads for artics i work for money not motors and no doubt there will be loads of holiday cover on the artics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cant hurt to go for an interview Russ.

I had my Adamson interview, just decided it wasnt for me, would have always wondered if I hadnt gone.

matchbox:
Cant hurt to go for an interview Russ.

I had my Adamson interview, just decided it wasnt for me, would have always wondered if I hadnt gone.

You just love Freightroute and can`t stand leaving i think :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dreva - i suppose its not a bad deal if theyre paying class 1 wages whatever youre driving and i do sort of see your point. Ill go for the interview and see what the crack is :wink:

Will keep you posted :laughing:

russjp:
You just love Freightroute and can`t stand leaving i think :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh as IF! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m a fool to myself, working all the extra hours (approx 66 a week!)I have been, it’s now ‘assumed’ I don’t mind working mon to sat.

Have an application in at GB Oils in Aycliffe, and another for Premier waste, trust me, if I can find A job, on locals with no nights out that will at least match the £7.62/£10.88 im on now, I’ll be off!!!

Trouble is, Ive made the terrible mistake of living off my overtime, so Im kind of handcuffed.

Surely a class 1 ADR driver like me can find somthing!!!

Only had my licences 18 months, and this is my first haulage job, I’ll find somthing soon enough. (I hope :open_mouth: .)

Plenty of people looking for drivers round here but they all want experienced people and want to pay crap wages :cry:

I think you`l find TNT pays quite a bit better than Reed Borral If you have to start on the little ones its still decent money but hard graft multi drop work

When i got the phone call i was told that although i could end up on multidrop to cover sickness/holidays etc , i would primarily be classed as a spare and this could entail 7.5t,class 1 bulk runs or even working in the warehouse if theres no driving to do - at this moment in time, id probalby consider it just because of how much closer to home it is,but the money would need to be right :wink:

russjp:
Hi all, currently working at Reed Boardall but I have an interview at TNT on tuesday, theyve rang and asked if id be interested in a Spare Driver Position to start me off with, this could involve covering anything from 7.5T Multidrop to Class 1 bulk runs.

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

TNT Weybridge has the Sign
“RECRUITING NOW”
out as well

As far as im aware they arent currently advertising, they contacted me cos i sent in an application form just after i got my class 1 :slight_smile: