tnt interview

got an interview with tnt on monday in milton keynes for 7.5 tonne any tips or advice please.

ianf7771:
got an interview with tnt on monday in milton keynes for 7.5 tonne any tips or advice please.

Yes.
Get there in plenty of time.
Wear clean tidy work clothes.
Don’t forget your licence, both parts.
Print off some useful information so you have it to hand for answering questions.
(previous employers names, addresses, dates you worked there etc)
Expect an assessment drive and have the right gear with you, boots, gloves, yella vest, driving glasses if you need them etc.
A list of your important questions, pay rate, overtime, hours, shifts, uniform,that sort of thing.

Good Luck.

thanks simon very helpful.

You may asked to drive around the block with an assesor, prior to starting the truck check the oil, coolant level, windscreen wash bottle, horn, all the tyres for signs of wire showing and cuts or bulges.And the truck lights, ask him to stand at the back to check the rear lights.
A quick glance to see if the road tax is not expired and the O licence.
I would photocopy your passport for their files as well.
You may be asked to do a short test of the tacho rules, like 10 0r 20 questions,but i do not know if TNT will do this or not.
As mentioned Google the firm to find some facts and figures to quote, this shows that you have taken an interest in joining them, at the end of the interview he/she may ask you why should they hire you and what can you contribute to them.
The night before the nerves willl kick in and you may not sleep well, drinking Camomile tea will relax you or some Horlicks or hot milk will help.
Check for dirt in the finger nails,check for body odour under the armpits, a mouth wash too.
They will be just as nervous as you, and ask them lots of questions, hope you get the job, good luck, keep us posted.
Is it multi drop work??

hi yes multi drop it said 55 drops per day on the ad on the tnt website but when i spoke to them on the phone they quoted 70+ drops so creaping up already.

Wowwww ! 70+ drops a day :open_mouth: :open_mouth: On a 12hour day, thats a drop every 17 minutes, without taking into account unloading, rest periods, being stuck in traffic, etc, etc. Would be great to hear the views of an experienced multidrop driver ■■? :confused:

I’ll wager that does not include the additional 30+ collections on top . :wink:

Tell them you have your own magnet and will use the 3rd lane on the Motorway. :smiley:

neil46:
Tell them you have your own magnet and will use the 3rd lane on the Motorway. :smiley:

yeah and should you stick a broom up ya ‘a–e’ and sweep the road at the same time :laughing:

If it’s the same as ups then expect to be working your rear off. Not for everyone but it’s a job.

50+ drops a day is parcel deliveries. Each parcel counts as a drop, even if there are 10 going to the same address. All those drops will be in a relatively small area. You’ll get your own patch. Don’t sweat it, it’ll be hard work but not impossible. VERY hard to start with till you learn your patch.

70 drops a day?

I wouldn’t even bother turning up as it’ll be a PITA…

The main question I would ask is ‘on average, how long do people last in the job before leaving?’ :grimacing:

Can be 100 drops, not as bad as it seems, you may have 30 or so on one industrial estate or on a main road in one area, or 2 to 3 industrial or business parks close by,a few miles driving then houses and private addresses, nobody home, they have left a note, then ring up to moan they did not their dog basket for aunt Mabel.
You will get to find your favourite cafes and pit stops on your run, they allocate on post codes, some firms the driver will reload his van or truck ready for the morning, and get paid for each consigmnent he/she collects or delivers, it can be a fun job.So the more the merrier.

how did the interview go ?

didnt attend the interview as i got a recovery driver job, so something different.

Hope we did not put you off the multi drop job?