TNT Line haul driver!

Anyone know what the money and T&C’s are? Got an interview on Thursday! Any info most welcome! :wink:

Not sure but they got taken over by UPS last month and there line haul drivers (or feeder drivers as UPS like to call them) are on good money. Close to £13 p/h IIRC.

damoq:
Not sure but they got taken over by UPS last month and there line haul drivers (or feeder drivers as UPS like to call them) are on good money. Close to £13 p/h IIRC.

I have heard that they pay £18 an hour for Sunday working! No one at the few depots I’ve been to will say or don’t know what the money is like! UPS and TNT are operating as separate companies from what I’ve been hearing! At least till the monopolies mob make a decision anyhow! :neutral_face:

we have subbed for them for 25 yrs and trying to get a rate rise is like trying to get blood from a stone it been abt 7 yrs since we had the last one.mydadwentin last week n they basicly told him to ■■■■ off if he wasnt happy and thatshow they treat you after 25 yrs sevice with iirc only one breakdown on our part that the job never got finished in time .as for there pay i know they messed about and cut the over time rate that works out less than there ordenary pay and have taken various bonuses off them and nobody knows what will happen when ups get there teeth in to it properly …what depot you going for

Ring the CEO and ask him, he’s a mate of mine. Tell him I sent you.

Don’t actually, he is a mate but I doubt he knows what the drivers are on.

Enfield mate! Only about 2 miles from my door! :slight_smile:

CRAIG-D:
we have subbed for them for 25 yrs and trying to get a rate rise is like trying to get blood from a stone it been abt 7 yrs since we had the last one.mydadwentin last week n they basicly told him to ■■■■ off if he wasnt happy and thatshow they treat you after 25 yrs sevice with iirc only one breakdown on our part that the job never got finished in time .as for there pay i know they messed about and cut the over time rate that works out less than there ordenary pay and have taken various bonuses off them and nobody knows what will happen when ups get there teeth in to it properly …what depot you going for

Are you the guy from Atherstone?

yes we r from atherstone we are the onlysubbies left in atherstone now all the others have gone cuz the rates are that crap we were on more moneythan them as my dad set his rates and thats how it stayed but the new subbies workfor wht tnt told them they were paying then there was others that said we will work for x amount if we can have this work n that …no loyalty what so ever

dessy:

there is some good lads on line haul in enfield graham croydon for one …he recons the driving assesor has more acidents than the rest of them put together also tryed getting under the blackwall twice with 4.2m boxes on lol

CRAIG-D:

dessy:

there is some good lads on line haul in enfield graham croydon for one …he recons the driving assesor has more acidents than the rest of them put together also tryed getting under the blackwall twice with 4.2m boxes on lol

That is how they all get the job as driving assessor or trainer :stuck_out_tongue:

CRAIG-D:

dessy:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I’ll try not to snigger if the assessor is at my interview! :grimacing:

UPS took over ‘Overnite’ frieght here, all they did was change the signs on the doors. The drivers still do the same runs they did before and it has made no difference.
Fed Ex did the same with American frieghtways and just called it Fed Ex Frieght, both companies are run the same way in fact the guys at American Frieghtways are far better off financially etc.
I hear the Overnite, now UPS guys have abetter deal also.

CRAIG-D:

There’s two answers to this,either you had “one hell of a good rate structure” 7 years ago or-----your a total Mug and what you say sums up,quite plainly, why the industry has gone down the pan over the last number of years !! Cheers Bewick.

dessy:
At least till the monopolies mob make a decision anyhow! :neutral_face:

Ever noticed there’s only one Monopolies commission? :open_mouth:

Jimboy124 is the man to ask.

CRAIG-D:
yes we r from atherstone we are the onlysubbies left in atherstone now all the others have gone cuz the rates are that crap we were on more moneythan them as my dad set his rates and thats how it stayed but the new subbies workfor wht tnt told them they were paying then there was others that said we will work for x amount if we can have this work n that …no loyalty what so ever

Ah yes, I remember you guys now. What happened to W**********h, did they get the boot?

what’s a line haul driver?

limeyphil:

I think it’s American for trunker :smiley:

Happydaze:

limeyphil:

Yes. Its what the Yanks call their trunkers. UPS call them feeder drivers though.

damoq:

Happydaze:

limeyphil:

Yes. Its what the Yanks call their trunkers. UPS call them feeder drivers though.

“Feeder drivers” No way, sounds like something from a geek-themed ■■■■■ film! :laughing: :laughing: