TNT multi drop

Just been offered a job doing multi drop for a company that work for TNT.
it’s a 7.5 tonner but i will get used to the length :laughing:

any advice or info would be greatfully accepted :wink:

drawbardaz:

i take it the 7.5 tonner was a hint of sarcasm if not good luck i hate driving 7.5 tonners if i could give you advice i would say enjoy your long hours and 50+ drops per day :laughing:

Try to get one of the TNT drivers to route your deliveries in order will save a lot of time , and stick with it , first few weeks will be hard but it will get easier when you learn the route :smiley:

cheers lads, it was a bit sarcastic about 7.5 tonners but i will drive anything just to get a job right now.

i was told it’s 1 postcode area. that postcode will probably be YORKSHIRE then :question: :laughing: :open_mouth:

with a bit of luck your big rig wont be limited to 56 !

dustylfc:
with a bit of luck your big rig wont be limited to 56 !

the last time i drove them it was 70mph and you could use the 3rd lane :laughing:

not too sure about 50+ drops though, might get rid of my truckers belly though :open_mouth:

Been there done that and got the T-shirt…would not like to do it again…best of luck if you take it on.

Isn’t TNT the company with the electric 7.5s ■■?

yes Rog I live in Bedfordshire and I did see a electrical 7.5t but only do local run, cos most likely will run out of power if go anywhere else :smiley:

did mr chris frost do your driving assment?

dustylfc:

drawbardaz:

i take it the 7.5 tonner was a hint of sarcasm if not good luck i hate driving 7.5 tonners if i could give you advice i would say enjoy your long hours and 50+ drops per day :laughing:

50+ drops??

Blimy, i work for UPS average 130-140 a day.

Avoid the A34 around 5pm Southbound at Oxford otherwise you’ll be stuck behinds TNT’s electric struck limited to 40mph

its hard if you have never done this kind of work, after a while you know most of your drops, makes it a bit easier,then the phone is going for p.o.d, although most of it is computerised now, then you have your collections, my personel best was 58 drops, 4 before 9 30am, 6 before noon, could’nt do it now. good luck.

I am doing agency work for home delivery network and am doing 150 parcels a day…but i am in a transit van…I have done that with a 7.5 tonne with a company a few years ago(fasttrak)
its easy if you know a area otherwise it can be very difficult.

One of the few jobs that makes going on the dole sound like the better option

This is what i had this morning

And by the afternoon i had the square peg in round hole situation