tipper work?

right i have held class2 since june last year, and class1 since august last year, i am getting a bit fed up with agencies offering work then none! work was good at xmas, when firms rules were relaxed, i got class1 with royalmail in central london and was told they wouldnt take anyone without a yars experience, anyhow i have never driven a tipper, but would like a go, we have a few firms near me and maybe i should ask if i can ride shotgun for a day see if it is for me an how it works, all at no expense to the firm obviously, i asked wheter they were paid by load, they said no and were earning £500 week sounds good to me, but like everything you need experience i have read about this cold calling etc maybe i should make a cv an drop it in? wheres the best place to make one an print it? at the moment i am doing more in the building trade than driving even if it is for a terrible company kier! i just wanna do more driving , so annoying when this country is full of a lot of dont work wont work people. :smiling_imp:

try a google search for CV :smiley:
best place to print it is on your computer printer :slight_smile:

I done my CV with OpenOffice, then had to do a bit of patching up in Word so it formatted the same. I then either attach it to an email or print it off.

Unfortunately, I’m in the same boat. Whilst I’ve had comments on how good the presentation of the CV is, it’s a triumph of style over substance: Doesn’t have a load of experience on it!

So far since Feb:
4 days cornflake wagon (overloaded cat B) and 5 days artic work. Got one day doing cat C tomorrow. Getting there (very slowly)

donpablo…

A good place to have your CV is on [u]cv-library[/u]. I am a recruiter in the driving industry and that’s where I look for CV’s. :wink:

Try and find an agency that offers permanent placements or temp to perm jobs. A good one should be able to find you a job even with limited experience. Tipper work is okay, I’ve been there, and the money can be good. Give it a shot…

:sunglasses: cheers for that info, i have 3 people in mind to pester!!! an will sort that cv