Tipper drivers?

Just a quick question. Not that im looking to change jobs, but just out of curiosity, what is the general opinion in working with tippers for a job?

Dan

Remove Brain, Drag Knuckles & don’t give a Flying ‘F’ about anyone else on the road.
That’s a General Job Description for London Based-8 Wheel Tipper Drivers.

Let’s be honest, there is about 10 - 30% of “normal ones” as well, minority, but yes there are… :stuck_out_tongue:

Martin Viking is right about London based tipper drivers, their driving is dangerous and they show no respect to other road users, they have two speeds which consist of flat out or using the reverse gear to get on sites.
The trucks are bashed to bits with bits hanging off, even the new trucks are ruined.

very true about London tippers. Hate riding my bike on A13

We still run an 02 plate Daf (original owners) so must be doing something right.
With the right firm it’s one of the easiest jobs you can do aslong as you can reverse and remember to look up before you tip.

I would also like to know a little more about this kind of work also, but most companies I’ve contacted are saying I need 2 years experience. Just about to go for my Cat C training.

But us C+E tipper drivers are a different animal ( when I say us I mean the bulk carriers not the mud, metal, waste or Tarmac boys )

AlltypeArocs:
Just a quick question. Not that im looking to change jobs, but just out of curiosity, what is the general opinion in working with tippers for a job?

Dan

depends who you work for.i was on tippers for over 20 years.glad to get away from my last couple of companies.you can earn good money with the right employers though.

TheNewBoy:
But us C+E tipper drivers are a different animal ( when I say us I mean the bulk carriers not the mud, metal, waste or Tarmac boys )

Certainly are. You’re the only ones who’s loads of aggregate start sprouting wheat and barley a couple of days after you tipped them.

TheNewBoy:

that’s true

Priest:

TheNewBoy:

that’s true

I do chuckle to myself at the RD Benson driver of their new Merc. In Gill Mill Quarry he poodles about at barely walking pace, trying to dodge potholes so’s not to get his lorry dirty.
:laughing: