Thomas Degg stoke on trent

evo:
Anyone got any info or photos of Thomas Degg Transport longton Stoke on Trent .I worked there from1974 to 1977 in the garage as apprentice mechanic

Thought I would open this thread again as deggs as been mentioned on the A H Davey thread

Can remember them from when I was a kid running pit dirt into the marl holes in Chesterton, remember an s80 foden with stableford transport on it, red with white roof I think, didn’t they have a load of tk s

Telekonsteve:
Can remember them from when I was a kid running pit dirt into the marl holes in Chesterton, remember an s80 foden with stableford transport on it, red with white roof I think, didn’t they have a load of tk s

Yes they had mixed fleet of ford D series Erf foden a couple of Aec’s but most were Bedford tk and km’s. They moved the pit dirt from wolstanton colliery to various tips in the stoke area.
they ran a few wagons under the stableford transport name

Yeh I remember liking the 8 wheeler a series erf with a ■■■■■■■■ up it, I’ve just posted in the daveys thread, the fitter or one of them Sam bloor lives next door but one to me in Chesterton. I’ve got to know him through don smith from cobridge, he’s mates with him, seems ok, he’s just got his hgv licence back, doing a bit of trade plating new mercs about and he buys and sells caravans, he’s got the old unit that a.d. Hall steel stock holders use to have

Telekonsteve:
Yeh I remember liking the 8 wheeler a series erf with a ■■■■■■■■ up it, I’ve just posted in the daveys thread, the fitter or one of them Sam bloor lives next door but one to me in Chesterton. I’ve got to know him through don smith from cobridge, he’s mates with him, seems ok, he’s just got his hgv licence back, doing a bit of trade plating new mercs about and he buys and sells caravans, he’s got the old unit that a.d. Hall steel stock holders use to have

If i remember right Sam bloor came from chell heath his dad drove for deggs. on the Davey thread you said about wooden piston in a gardener engine heard the same story don’t know how true it is . Deggs had one of the largest fleets in stoke in the 1970’s wasses and norman green were about the same size he sold up in 1984 i think to bernard kettle at etruria.

Anyone got any info or photos of Thomas Degg Transport longton Stoke on Trent .I worked there from1974 to 1977 in the garage as apprentice mechanic

They used to contract a couple of motors onto Twyfords at Alsager. Remember chatting to a guy called Dave (Sharkey?) with a bedford TK and an older guy with an Artic, A series ERF I think ,he may have been called George. It was all handball in those days, we used to load tilts which were all packed using straw but the Deggs lads used to pack using empty sacks

Can remember these two guys on twyfords ,there was a driver called sam had a dodge then a TK .Deggs were mostly tippers running waste out of wolstanton colliery and gravel out of huntley wood and croxden quarries they had the twyfords contract and they ran out of the copper works at froghall