This week I have kept out of the mud!

Diary of 1st week out on me own, hopefully will be better than last weeks disaster.

Got to the silo ok, connected all the pipes, here goes!

Now what does what?!

This parked next to me loading up at Scunthorpe, nice paint job

Saw this rigid overtaking in the 3rd lane Tuesday night

Had to lift fence up to get to this silo.

Caused chaos in Birmingham getting me tea on Wed night

If only all sites had this much room!

Forklift driver watched me box him in, then said he was glad cos it meant he couldnt do anything!

Saw this on Thursday

Is this one of the last Fodens made? Its on a 56 plate.

Whats he looking so happy about, look at the traffic!

This was the cause of it. And a foriegn truck.

Doesnt look like a very good film! :smiley:

Parked here in Nottingham Thursday night ready to tip Friday am, tight access to site so stopped out side and tipped it here.

Loaded out of Dowlow Friday afternoon

Pictures of some scenery on the way to Manchester.

Back to Dowlow for a load to Chester.

Wonder where these were going?

Looks like fun!

Late tip at Chester, on Friday night.

Overall a good week one or two teething problems but nothing too major, am into the job now and really enjoying it. More soon.

Good pics and diary.

Reminds me of the few months I did for Castle Cement - not all happy memories though! :confused: :blush: :unamused:

Nice pics, better than shots of a motorway in ANY country, unusual to see a car destroyed by a left ■■■■■■ though :laughing:

I see that you’ve limited your off road excursions too :laughing: gotta say I would’ve kept that one to myself :blush:

Fantastic diary once again Bugcos :smiley:

That red motor with the paint job on subbies to Cutts’ from barnsley and has quite a poignant message on the back (i think) about the loss of the Barnsley coalfields during the last century.

And lastly Dowlow :unamused: It’s better now that the new plant has been built but many a pointless hour lost in there due to the teething problems when it was put into service. Send my love to my old colleagues when you see them on the Seafields tanks :laughing:

thanks for the write up and photos about
you work ,and the Volvo was nice,that
rigid wasn,t by any chance a italian
perhaps,

That’s an excellent diary and pics bugcos.
It’s good to get an insight into a type of work that I’ve never done-- so thanks very much for that.:grimacing:

Nice diary, hope you’re enjoying the new job. Remember both Scunthorpe & Dowlow. Remember Dowlow for mud, dust high winds(hold on when you’re up top) and the helpful (not) loaders.

Nice pics mate, welcome to the sludgy side! :laughing:

That old Scammell’s lasted well, must be at least 28 years old as I think the last ones were made in 1980.

Good diary mate ,
nice to read all these diarys think its good insight for us people who have never done anything like that
keep it coming

nice post…enjoyed it…thanks for that. :smiley:

Nice one Bug! loved the piccies mate, keep 'em coming.

BTW, isn’t that rigid tanker an old Scammel?

Your rig looks nice, a bit more room in it than our chopped down FM’s! :wink:

Nice one “Bugco” some good pics but how the hell do you have the time to go round taking em :question: :question: :question: :wink: :wink: :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Nice one of the “Scammell Tanker” with the “Michelotti” cab I would bear that in mind next time you get stuck in the mud on a building site as you might find yourself on it as punishment :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: “Oh For Them Thar good Old Wagons / Days” :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Brilliant. Love that old Croxton Scammell