daves diary

thought i would have a crack at a diary. well one days worth. :wink:

sunday morning ,07.00 start. off to tarmac at weston underwood, nr derby.
i am expected anytime between 10.00 and 11.00. but as its job and finish i plan on getting there early and hope he has room in the silo. then back home as quick as legally possible.

07.00. get in the yard and collect my paperwork and keys. nice brand new axor.
never drove a new one and first impressions are good, a lot better than the old shape.

the dash is much improved and the seats are a better spec, the mattress is a pukka sprung jobby, but i wont be testing that today,i will save that for later.

well, the route im taking today is up the a1 to grantham, hang a left onto the a52 and follow through to nottingham and onto derby , then take the backroad to weston underwood. the roads are clear all the way there and im finding that even though the 430 axor is only a couple of days old she is pulling the 30 ton of cement with great ease. not bad really she has only done 3000 km so she is not fully run in yet. these things pull like trains dont you know.

so, i arrive at the site at 09.00 after doing 124 km,s. im 1 hour early so i set about finding the supervisor. ten minutes later he tells me silo 1 but it is touch and go wether it will all go in, but there is room in the other 2 silos if needed. i dont want to be messed about changing silo,s so fingers crossed then :wink: .
now silo 1 is straight forward so i know its my lucky day. the other two are nightmares to back onto.

the pumping compartment.

well, all 30 tons goes in and after getting the paperwork signed i pull out of the yard at 09.55. 5 minutes before im due to arrive :wink:

i decide on a different route back, its nice to choose.
i decide to take the a38 south from derby, down to the a50 and cut across to the m1. then south to leicester and back across the a47 and the backroads into the yard.
the axor rides really nice when unladen and its growing on me mile by mile or km by km, what ever you prefer.

well, i get back in the yard at 11.55 and 125 km,s clocked up coming back this way.nothing in it really. i diesel up and give the cab a quick clean. hand the paperwork and keys in and grab a few snaps as i pull out the yard. im finished at 12.15.
thats only 5 hours 15 minutes. easy money :laughing:

erf ecx, last of a breed. :wink:

Great Picā€™s And Read Dave :smiley:

Nice read & pics Dave, I hope you are on minimum 8 hours!

theghostofcain:
Nice read & pics Dave, I hope you are on minimum 8 hours!

im salaried :wink: i get paid for 5 sundays a year anyhow. but this is the first one in 6 months. we only do sundays if a customer wants a load.

Nice pics. If only all days were as easy as this!

Nice pics Dave, that Axor looks quite smart.
Good diary aswell, keep them coming :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

NICE pictures.shame about you haveing to drive ,what we call here a

ā€œā€œKAKTROSā€ā€ sorry not well liked by my self and fellow co-workers at the

firm here in GERMANY, but this is just a personal hate which if the

wages are right would of course change ,if needs must, thank heavens

at present i will stick with my ā€œā€œMANā€ā€ thank you.
once again awell written post can,t wait to read the next post. ta mate,

MAD28:
Nice pics Dave, that Axor looks quite smart.
Good diary aswell, keep them coming :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

i dont mind doing them, but i dont like taking pictures when someone is watching me :wink:
if they dont know its my truck then they might think im a spotter :blush:
and i could,nt have that :wink:

nice read and pictures - thanks

:smiley: That was a nice suprise. Great read and pics. Ta!
Now that you are no longer a virgin diarist, you have no excuse not to do some more. At least once a week, would be great. But hey, no pressure! Once a week, would be great. Once a week, would be great. Great it would be, once a week. Be great once a week, it would. Week a once, great would beā€¦hang onā€¦ .havenā€™t finished!..yeah, you can run. But you canā€™t hide! :smiling_imp:

dave:
if they dont know its my truck then they might think im a spotter :blush:
and i could,nt have that :wink:

Yeah i saw you dave :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
simon

well done dave good read that nice and breif. i drove an axor for the first time last friday night cant say i was that impressed. good read lets have another.

enjoyed that dave - might have a go at one myself some time bud.

I thought that was you I saw the other night running around Peterborough Extra truck park with a camera - and now I know! :laughing:

:smiley: Very good Dave, I especially like the size of your photos, just right. :wink:

Nice read and good pictures Dave. I donā€™t really mind doing the odd Sunday - we still start early and itā€™s so much easier with no traffic around.

nice pics and a cushy sunday :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for your post and the great pics.
regards derek

what is the difference between the axor and actros

wylie:

Different cab, different engines, different gearbox and probably lots of other different things.

wylie:

different engines for a start. axors are straight six and actros v6.
hence why a 430 axor will out pull a 440 actros. straight six,s pull better than v6,s.

the axor cab is much narrower too, and no flat floor :cry: .

gearboxes. you can get a telligent box in the axor as an extra but i dont think you can get the auto version. most axors ive seen apart from ours are fitted with a nine speed manual.

finall, the axors are built to a price (but getting better), they are aimed at distribution work as opposed to running all over europe. this is the actros,s job. some people say the that chassis ,s are identicle but i dont think they are.
in the wet a 3 axle axor slides about a fair bit but an actros does,nt.
i also suppose there is a big difference in price too.