This Time plse

Well rang an advert in local free paper haulage firm looking for class 2 driver for local deliveries rang yest they said get back to me as was on another phone did not ring so rang again today thought if im a pain so what anyway got to speak with guy and told him straight off that had no experience with lgv but had good local knowledge of area as local taxi driver said that the no experience wasn`t aprob :stuck_out_tongue: so he then said well what are looking for as the job advertised they were looking for full time 8am start (thought u guys started at unearthly hours :wink: ) and finish about 5ish 6ish so when explained that had some good contracts on taxi and was looking to use my lgv to earn money on the days that i sit there only earning 20 quid a day was hoping I could fill in to help him out until found permant driver what did he think so to cut a long story short going in tomorrow at 14.00 hrs to have achat with him and to use his own words he leaves me we can break u in gently :exclamation: :exclamation: hopefully that sounds like he might be able to put some work my way and i get experience working local rds that i know well :bulb: So if anyone has any tips on what i can say tomorrow when i meet him that will get him to give me a chance and not look like some numpty off the street HEEEERRRES HOPIN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: JX

Can’t give any advise on what to say but good luck

:bulb: make sure you tell somebody where your going

seen the place and loads of people around :question: jx

Afraid only just got back on the net so…How did it go? and also congratlations on the interview! :grimacing:

Jennie:
So if anyone has any tips on what i can say tomorrow when i meet him that will get him to give me a chance and not look like some numpty off the street

From my own experience, its a question of being yourself. If your outgoing and get on well with people then great, show them that.
They already know about your lower experience level, so dont dwell on that but focus more on what you can offer. Knowledge of the local area, enthusiasm for the job, experience of dealing with customers etc etc.
If your considering the possibility of doing the job full time then point out that although your a newbie then if someone gave you a start theres a major loyalty factor, in the fact your not gonna be able to drop it for something else like a more ‘experienced’ driver.

General questions obviously…wage-how much? when is it paid (weekly/monthly)? How much you working in hand? Cheque or BACS?
hours - Start time? finish? per week? Nights out?
vehicles - what do they have? Do they have C+E’s and could you progress on to them? If you were offered the gig would they help you to get your C+E?
where are you likely to be running to? Is it building site work? What PPE would you need IF it is?

At the end of the day you already have a door thats slightly ajar, otherwise you wouldnt be in the interview. Ultimately you are something they require…a hgv/lgv driver with that licence. If something is screaming inside of you that it isnt right, then ask yourself why and is it going to put yourself and that precious licence in trouble. on the other hand if it sounds good and your offered it…■■■■■■ their blooming hands off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck Jennie, i doubt you have to rehearse anything as it doesn’t work that way, all i can suggest is let it happen… I am sure everything will work out fine … Go get em Girl … :wink:

Well went into interview and arrived just about 10 mins before (been looking at some other posts) the manager wasnt there yet and thanks to a fork lift driver who pointed me to another parking space id only parked in mds space :blush: :exclamation: :exclamation: wouldnt of been a good start :unamused:
So go up to office to await his arrival and his pa sat and chatted to me till he came back really nice lady who told me its a shame I didnt have class 1 as they had a job starting trunking really easy thatcham to london greenford i think every night for the next 3 weeks (now if anyone in that area fancies the job dont know if its just for 3 weeks or longer but pm me ill pass on the number they can call them and find out) anyway finally he gets in and the interview starts really informal and basically just a chat really I told him I want to keep my taxi going and that i really require some work for when not doing anything, was honest with him and he listened asked me loads of questions that i feel I answered okay then right at the end he said we can see what we can do he has told me he`s gonna ring me next week to organise going out 1 day with 1 of his guys to show me the drops and that as long as im not scared of the size of the veh he said will prob start me off with 7 1/2 tonne then go up is that okay okay i say thats brill as i said was honest with him told him how green i am but its something i really want to do looks like I got a way in and experience is on the way just hope i can do both and it wont â– â– â– â–  him off that i want to keep taxi going as well dont know exactly what wages are yet was too excited after he offered to get one of guys to take me out as im self employed i will just invoice him for any work done saves him work paying my tax stamp etc so not gonna be complicated on my books as just will go in with other pay I have, so now just a case of waiting for him to organise my day out next week with other driver then will post back with a bit of luck my first drive solo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: happy days jx

Jennie:
looks like I got a way in and experience is on the way

Someone get that girl a tipple or a pint or a soft drink…you get the idea im sure :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Im sure you will be fine and settle straight back into it.

tonka236:
Someone get that girl a tipple or a pint or a soft drink…you get the idea im sure :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Im sure you will be fine and settle straight back into it.

Thanks Tonka :stuck_out_tongue: jx

Hi Jennie, I’d say that’s looking very good for you so far. :smiley:

If you get the job, you’ll really be going places hehehe!! :grimacing:

:blush: :blush: It’s about time I wasn’t here, so I’ll be off now

Well done jennie hope it the job goes well good luck :smiley:

fingers crossed for u :smiley:

good for you Jennie,hope it all goes well and you get the chance you deserve. :wink:

well done jennie, i am sure you will do him proud.
and you are now 3/4 way there.

Well the guy hasnt rung me yet so heres the question do I ring back (dont want to risk being annoying) or put down to experience obviously not what he was looking for :question: :cry: Jx

Jennie, i would give him a quick call, it’s a difficult one to be honest, if you ring then it show’s your keen, but if you get no joy after that then i would put it down to experiance.
Good luck anyway

What johnny boy says jennie. :wink:

Hi Jenny,

I also agree with johnny boy, because the guy might simply have misplaced your contact details.

If you don’t make that call, you’ll always be left wondering… :wink:

Well Jenny, the burning question we all want to know the answere to, did you ring them…Fingers crossed for you

johnny boy:
Well Jenny, the burning question we all want to know the answere to, did you ring them…Fingers crossed for you

Gonna ring tomorrow as figured today being monday would be very busy ( plus I get nervous so trying to pluck up courage :blush: ) jx