This is true!!!

If someone else had written this on here or told me this i would tell them to wise up and stop talking rubbish… A DHL artic, all the usual colours in a yellow Volvo passed me on the big bridge on the M6, north just before the M62 turn of… He had his cab light on and was reading a book nicely placed on the steering wheel… WTF like, how can you do that, its not possible… Like, if your driving and trying to watch the road and then find your place agin on the page, you could never do it, But as true as i sit here it is the honest ruth…

makes a change from the motor overtaking you an the drivers watching a dvd.
i dont think its funny.
it fills me with horror.
but it happens to often.
this new breed need there comforts an driving is boring.

I have seen myself, a couple of years ago, a driver reading a hardback novel, whilst on the move. I like yourself was gobpacked.

i find books very relaxing as im driving for hours at night…you can get them on cd …talking books… :slight_smile:

xamtex:
i find books very relaxing as im driving for hours at night…you can get them on cd …talking books… :slight_smile:

Yep, I get through a couple of books a week while on the road.

xamtex:

I listen to Lee Evans when I get bored!!!
Or on a Friday night after midnight on Heart FM when they put that Nicola Bon on, she doesnt have a radio voice so off goes the radio and on goes a CD or my iPod :wink:

if you play a dvd on your laptop at night, then put the laptop on your bed, facing the windscreen. you can watch it in widescreen.
and there is a lot less chance of getting caught, as you are facing forwards.

i can believe a driver was reading a book as i’ve seen it and sometimes a newspaper but what i can’t believe is that a DHL truck overtook you :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: they are slower than most container trucks now

I can’t believe a DHL driver can read!!! :laughing:

Ken.

I have a Nokia n97 when it charges up (in for repair at the moment). It has 32gb of memory which is enormous. Each week I download music on it which i listen to when the radio gets too monotonous. The magic thing is though, the N97 has an FM transmitter built in. You set your radio to whatever you set your Nokia to and then your phones music is broadcast in glorious stereo through your cab radio. It also broadcasts your satnav through your radio too if thats how you want to listen to it.

xamtex:

for those of you who like your audio books, check out your local council library to see if they are part of the http://www.netlibrary.com scheme. so long as your a memeber of your local library netlibrary.com is free to join. you can down load audio books to your PC, laptop, or MP3 player at home etc

it does supprise me the OP didnt attempt to contact a DHL depot and report the alledged incident. Because IF hed take note of the time, the truck or trailer number. DHL could have been proative and dealt with the alledge offender, instead the OP chose to post about it on TN uk.

On a seperate note:
The OP may not be aware that several DHL depots now use a new-ish ISOtrak system, that displays back in the office a huge amount of info. So catching the book reading offender would have been easy
From my own DHL experiences of this system, the setup is quite sophisticated, with realtime info relayed back to the office, inc GPS location, speed, tacho & engine management info. It also logs G forces the truck experences in turns or accidents. the later got a guy off the hook when he was involved in an accident recently. As it proved hed decellerated at a modest speed, been stationary for 4 secs, before being shunted from behind by another truck in roadworks. The incab PDA (similar to the type the parcel guys use) allows you to confirm PODs, photograph loads or damages to prove who was responsible for damage, or prove the load was intact at the delivery point and upload that info

Quinny:
I can’t believe a DHL driver can read!!! :laughing:

Ken.

i can even rite my name too

You can’t ‘write’ thought haha :laughing:

I was traveling on m1 north around J21 seen a Royal Mail driver watching footy on laptop, :open_mouth: very brave specialy where the is always park cop car at night on services just past J21 on services, lets just say hes cab look very bright

DAF95XF:

xamtex:

I listen to Lee Evans when I get bored!!!
Or on a Friday night after midnight on Heart FM when they put that Nicola Bon on, she doesnt have a radio voice so off goes the radio and on goes a CD or my iPod :wink:

I like Bon Bon. Lol. Beats that Mark Lammar on 2 at that time. :smiley:

limeyphil:
if you play a dvd on your laptop at night, then put the laptop on your bed, facing the windscreen. you can watch it in widescreen.
and there is a lot less chance of getting caught, as you are facing forwards.

no good if you drive a scania 4 series topline

wizardofoz:
If someone else had written this on here or told me this i would tell them to wise up and stop talking rubbish… A DHL artic, all the usual colours in a yellow Volvo passed me on the big bridge on the M6, north just before the M62 turn of… He had his cab light on and was reading a book nicely placed on the steering wheel… WTF like, how can you do that, its not possible… Like, if your driving and trying to watch the road and then find your place agin on the page, you could never do it, But as true as i sit here it is the honest ruth…

I cant beleive it!!! Like, :smiley:

Errm this is interesting…Is it not the right thing to phone plod up and report the driver■■?.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What bothers me here is…yes you may get the guy/gal into serious ■■■■…but at the same time the fool may be the cause of some serious ■■■■…further up the road…at worst it could be a family member or friend… :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We all do silly things and take our eyes off the road for a bit…fiddling around in the cab…and motorway driving can be as boring as ■■■■…but there are limits…Even if a motorway is quite…look down for too long and it’s very easy to drift…

I remember one morning about 6am in a 7.5t…Just gone past where the M1 meets the M6…southbound…A rigid…a few hundred yards up…suddenly swings into the middle lane…then corrects itself back into lane 1…30 seconds later it does it again…started thinking the driver must be tired…(lucky that patch of the M1 just happen to be quite)…I moved out to lane 3…for me own safety…went past…looked across at the driver…he’s reading a copy of NUTTs…or one of them crap mags…And even though twice in close succession…he just lost control of the truck…he just carried on reading… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:…Didn’t call plod on that occasion…but later on and up to this day…regretted it

I don’t like grassing people up…but if you want to be a super ■■■■ …i will do…■■■■ you!!!

SuperSmiley:
I remember one morning about 6am in a 7.5t…Just gone past where the M1 meets the M6…southbound…A rigid…a few hundred yards up…suddenly swings into the middle lane…then corrects itself back into lane 1…30 seconds later it does it again…started thinking the driver must be tired…(lucky that patch of the M1 just happen to be quite)…I moved out to lane 3…for me own safety…went past…looked across at the driver…he’s reading a copy of NUTTs…or one of them crap mags…And even though twice in close succession…he just lost control of the …

he must`ve been on the vinegar stroke when he lost control and …