Eye Opener

So after my first 3 days of being on the road, my eyes have been opened by what some people get upto when behind the wheel. When stuck on the M6 last night after hearing how people had been killed and a lot where critical, I was surprised to see how many HGV drivers don’t really keep 100% concentration, in the space of 15-20 mins I had one foreign driver pass me whilst playing solitaire on his laptop, another foreign driver passed watching a DVD and then a uk driver passed reading a book, is this an everyday common thing seen on the roads today? Where’s that Angus fella when you need him! Haha

If you want an eye opener look at how many cars are texting on their phone in lane 3 at 80mph !

Trev_H:
If you want an eye opener look at how many cars are texting on their phone in lane 3 at 80mph !

And how many sales reps are doing paperwork.

And look and see how many coppers are doing there paperwork in the Police only parking space

Kevwall:
So after my first 3 days of being on the road, my eyes have been opened by what some people get upto when behind the wheel. When stuck on the M6 last night after hearing how people had been killed and a lot where critical, I was surprised to see how many HGV drivers don’t really keep 100% concentration, in the space of 15-20 mins I had one foreign driver pass me whilst playing solitaire on his laptop, another foreign driver passed watching a DVD and then a uk driver passed reading a book, is this an everyday common thing seen on the roads today? Where’s that Angus fella when you need him! Haha

Is there a problem with this?

Yeh…unless your a dummy !

I’m guessing its a common thing then not just in wagons but across the board!

Kevwall:
I’m guessing its a common thing then not just in wagons but across the board!

Exactly. Truck drivers will always be just slightly more perfect… :unamused:

Trev_H:

+1

How can you read a book and drive? I mean a DVD in the peripheral, fair enough but a book?

Not that I’d do either and wouldn’t condone the DVD but I think I could still drive watching a DVD is what I’m saying.

Silver_Surfer:
How can you read a book and drive? I mean a DVD in the peripheral, fair enough but a book?

It might have been a map, your ok reading a map you can see where the bends are :laughing:

Desperate:

Silver_Surfer:

It might have been a map, your ok reading a map you can see where the bends are :laughing:

I’ve just got coffee all over my truck!

blimey u not seen the foreign drivers making there dinner yet then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mk7fiesta:
blimey u not seen the foreign drivers making there dinner yet then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

not just the foreign ones.

i passed a lorry last night and its driver was watching ■■■■.his truck started to move into my lane. well i near dropped my roast beef dinner and glass of milk as i blew my horn at him. its a disgrace what some drivers get into while driving.

Milkchurns, i have just wet myself at your comment. i tried reading it to the mrs, but was laughing so much she had to read it herself.

Bidvest logistics on the M40 , driver had his right foot up on the dash (he did have the decency to take his boots off tho :wink: ) and sending a text .

seeing as i was passengering at the time , i really regret not getting a pic and sending it too his boss :confused:

They were watching DVD’s, playing games, reading books rather than watching the road ahead. You were being a ■■■■■■ :laughing:

They are probably saying to their mates “I was driving up the M6 last night and this bloke came past having a right old gawp”

i was being passed by a foreign motor and he had his window down, so i shouted at him for being a disgrace to truck drivers and a danger to the public. he looked so shocked he passed the bottle of vodka over and shook my hand. i had a quick swig and passed it back. what an idiot…i spat in the bottle.