Eye Opener

Is it not illegal to have a laptop open on the dash? I thought you weren’t meant to have stuff blocking your vision out of the screen, and stuff like sat-navs etc should be out of your line of sight. Surely driving down the M-way with a laptop open for all to see is asking to be pulled?

kevchalluk:
Is it not illegal to have a laptop open on the dash? I thought you weren’t meant to have stuff blocking your vision out of the screen, and stuff like sat-navs etc should be out of your line of sight. Surely driving down the M-way with a laptop open for all to see is asking to be pulled?

what about the lads who use laptops as sat navs? i know a few who do… but aint it the mood on the copper of the day what he pulls and dont pull you for?

kevchalluk:

Thats why at night you put it on your bunk and watch the reflection in the windscreen. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
Not that I’d do either and wouldn’t condone the DVD but I think I could still drive watching a DVD is what I’m saying.

Stand ups are good as you dont really need to watch the screen but nice to have a glance.

Trev_H:
If you want an eye opener look at how many cars are texting on their phone in lane 3 at 80mph !

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Trev_H:
If you want an eye opener look at how many cars are texting on their phone in lane 3 at 80mph !

thats why we call it the suicide lane! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :grimacing:

Trev_H:

and how many coppers arent wearing seatbelts, talking on the radio, drinking something, eating something, feeling up the copper next too them, yeah they aint any diffrent too us

Silver_Surfer:
How can you read a book and drive? I mean a DVD in the peripheral, fair enough but a book?

obviously you’ve not flown an apache? :open_mouth: you have to read two books with two eyes ( one for each book ) as the instruments are separate to the info once you’ve pulled the visor down on your helmet! :unamused: :sunglasses: I don’t know, foreign drivers! :grimacing: :grimacing:

scotstrucker:

Trev_H:

and how many coppers arent wearing seatbelts, talking on the radio, drinking something, eating something, feeling up the copper next too them, yeah they aint any diffrent too us

it’s ok for them, they’re perfect! NOT! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Silver_Surfer:
How can you read a book and drive? I mean a DVD in the peripheral, fair enough but a book?

With plenty of practice :smiley:

Seriously though, I don’t see the point of reading while driving, surely the brain can’t take in what your reading■■?