M60 roadworks plod scania

According to the MEN NW motoray plod have a scania on loan to patrol through the road works they have already caught one idiot professional driver reading a book whilst driving on film be carefull out there folks

You’ve got to do something to pass the time :smiley:

What was the charge being “overqualified” :smiling_imp:

Only kidding, the world has moved on it was generally a newspaper on the steering wheel in the old days it’s probably tablets now :grimacing:

On radio this am they’ve pulled about 80 so far including cars mainly mobile phone use,
You wouldn’t think you could buy a bluetooth for about a tenner :neutral_face:

Driver reading a book? Whatever next - one studying for an O level… :open_mouth:

LIBERTY_GUY:
Driver reading a book? Whatever next - one studying for an O level… :open_mouth:

I might not be a proper driver but I am at uni part-time.

a driver who can read ? is there such a thing ?

i keep telling everyone there letting to many intellectuals into the driving game these days, in my day it would be ■■■■■ mags

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma … r-32686505

you can see the logic of updating his status to “professional” draver comes into play when theres charges to be brought…obviously a cab hopping agency driver otherwise he would have been watching loose women on the digital flat screen like the rest of us…then ■■■■ in the evening… :smiley:

htmldude:

LIBERTY_GUY:

I might not be a proper driver but I am at uni part-time.

I have two university degrees, but seriously doubt any transport manager would want to know about that. Not that I am actually driving trucks at the moment. :frowning:

bloody marvellous, its such and easy target to mask youself and try to find people who are not doing what they should be doing driving, not to mention the much needed income it will bring in, of course its all about saving lives but to be honest i would much rather have those copper out on the streets ready to stop people from knifing each other to death or protecting old people from the terrors of mobs of kids etc than to be wasting money hiding in a truck on the look out for drivers who pick there nose and eat it while driving

desypete:
bloody marvellous, its such and easy target to mask youself and try to find people who are not doing what they should be doing driving, not to mention the much needed income it will bring in, of course its all about saving lives but to be honest i would much rather have those copper out on the streets ready to stop people from knifing each other to death or protecting old people from the terrors of mobs of kids etc than to be wasting money hiding in a truck on the look out for drivers who pick there nose and eat it while driving

Really ? How many lives can be wiped out by a driver not paying attention ?

The video they released was a left hand drive.

itsa brand new daf seen it on local news tonight

nick172sport:
itsa brand new daf seen it on local news tonight

plod truck white

OllieNotts:
The video they released was a left hand drive.

Yeh, I noticed that - typical Johnny Foreigner.

The video does not show clearly what type of book it is, Mills and Boon a page turner or a list of fuel stations or parking places.
Years ago a Dutch driver was cooking spaghetti bolgnaise, with a gas cooker between his legs.
Somebody rang the old bill to report a truck weaving all over the road.
The Dutchman was unaware of the police helicopter filming him.

bjd:

desypete:

Really ? How many lives can be wiped out by a driver not paying attention ?

dont know but heaven forbid if you dare reach out for a drink or even dare to eat while your driving, let alone having a smoke, now plod are undercover of a truck, dont you think trying to catch drug lords would save more lives ? or making sure our homes dont get burgled or people dont get murdered ?

how can they only seem to be seen to prevent things in motoring and not the real crimes that we have to suffer first and report later and hope they can catch the people who do it ? sadly they never will catch the crooks as they will be to busy hiding in trucks trying to catch a trucker who is ■■■■■■■■■■■■ while driving

West Midlands police have randomly rented a truck for years now, to capture evidence of truckers misdeeds, so certainly not a new thing. Their rationale is they can’t see what truckers are up to in their cabs, when they are sitting in a patrol car much lower down.

Some of the clips I have seen of UK truckers have included them drinking beer out of a can and one with his feet up on the dashboard away from the pedals. Am presuming an auto box and cruise control come into play with that, but no good if you suddenly got to brake sharply. :open_mouth:

I do think there will be an element of ‘easy money’ and ‘easy busts’ with the cops doing this, as let’s be honest, that surveillance truck is an expense that has to be paid for. If you going to taking a swig of pop or a quick bite, do it when nothing is up the side of you. Leave texting the missus or playing with your genitalia till you are parked up. Preferably in a RDC waiting room…

LIBERTY_GUY:
Their rationale is they can’t see what truckers are up to in their cabs, when they are sitting in a patrol car much lower down.

somebody needs to show them the way the germans do it, an old beater of a van or a motorhome, no need to waste on renting a lorry.

oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news- … ad-driving