Thinking miles ahead but

Hello all,

I am getting ahead of myself here but I am curious :laughing: , what should I wear for a truck driving interview? (Female)

Also, to anyone interested, I (just) passed my driver CPC module 2 yesterday. A lot of it was pretty much like the theory test. But then I got a case study on Multi - Manning, and I hadn’t really researched this very well, so although I did manage to pass I will be looking into this!
Also sorry if this is a bit rookie, but in revising I’ve never come across the types of services the companies offer for example; Cabotage, Groupage, Multi-modal, combined, freight forwarding and a few more. I know you can pretty much work it out if the case study tell you what your delivering etc but I had a few questions on this and it threw me. Does anyone know any helpful websites with a glossary perhaps?

Thanks
Jasmine

Jaz-mr2:
Hello all,

I am getting ahead of myself here but I am curious :laughing: , what should I wear for a truck driving interview? (Female)

Also, to anyone interested, I (just) passed my driver CPC module 2 yesterday. A lot of it was pretty much like the theory test. But then I got a case study on Multi - Manning, and I hadn’t really researched this very well, so although I did manage to pass I will be looking into this!
Also sorry if this is a bit rookie, but in revising I’ve never come across the types of services the companies offer for example; Cabotage, Groupage, Multi-modal, combined, freight forwarding and a few more. I know you can pretty much work it out if the case study tell you what your delivering etc but I had a few questions on this and it threw me. Does anyone know any helpful websites with a glossary perhaps?

Thanks
Jasmine

Would you turn up to drive In heels stockings and mini skirt :grimacing:
No you go dressed in clean work wear ie get down to Arco kit yourself out in a set of work wear
Polo shirt,
High-viz one with a zip, so that will stay done up,
Trousers,
Safety footwear,
Gloves,
Your dressed for work but smartly dressed, plus you have your own ppe as if you get on agency you’ll need your own kit anyway.

In fact why not get down there and get sorted and wear that kit while training , you’ll get use to it and keep your own kit nice and clean… after all you don’t see a mechanic off out at night in his work kit or for that matter going in a tux to work :wink:

Hey, thanks :laughing:

I wasn’t sure whether to just dress smartly, or to be dressed in work gear. But smart clean work gear is what it should be then really!
I did think about doing my C training in my steelies but I didn’t in the end, I may do my C+E in steelies.

Thanks for the info there!

I may do my C+E in steelies.

I wouldn’t. It’s important to be able to keep full control of the pedals and that’s not so easy in some steelies. Personally, I could never drive in boots; always wore clogs, light shoes or trainers for driving and swapped for boots on site as required.

But it’s up to you totally. Just make sure you’re comfortable.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

I may do my C+E in steelies.

I wouldn’t. It’s important to be able to keep full control of the pedals and that’s not so easy in some steelies. Personally, I could never drive in boots; always wore clogs, light shoes or trainers for driving and swapped for boots on site as required.

But it’s up to you totally. Just make sure you’re comfortable.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

At work I always drive in steelies cant see how its any dif to driving in trainers to be honest…use to drive in trainers when on gen work with own motor but with every other job its steelies on and they stay on .

As Pete said.Would’nt wear boots . Always my comfortable shoes when driving.

Jaz-mr2:
Hey, thanks :laughing:

I wasn’t sure whether to just dress smartly, or to be dressed in work gear. But smart clean work gear is what it should be then really!
I did think about doing my C training in my steelies but I didn’t in the end, I may do my C+E in steelies.

Thanks for the info there!

DEFO high heel’s for the big C plus E that’s how most proper truckers get there’s. Female a big pair of fexxin divers boooooots Jobs a gid un. :wink: .