Driving Assessment - What To Wear?

I know I sound like a woman but what should I wear!?

I’m going for a driving assessment with a supermarket (direct not agency)

No interview or anything, literally just the assessment.

If it was an interview I’d probably go in a suit or at least shirt and tie but as it’s a driving assessment I’m not sure what they’d like to see. I can’t imagine wearing a suit while messing about with greasy 5th wheels etc doing an uncouple/couple etc.

I was thinking along the lines of smart jeans, t shirt with a smart jumper and steel toe capped boots.

What would you recommend?

Anything from what you said to clean work trousers & jacket. As long as you look clean and respectable then I think it will look good on you. If there is a drive involved they will expect you to be dressed appropriately not like a office bod.

If your going to be walking around a yard take some steel toe cap boots in a bag and offer to put them on, should impress :wink:

Ben
Get down to that interview. Your clothes are not in their top 20 reasons when they decide if you’re what they’re looking for.

I know your personality. That is your strength.

Otherwise it’s thong and crop top.

Get on with it man

Coller an tie suit ffs man its a driving job. Clean work gear, boots gloves high viz. Oh clean underskegs just incase …your there to drive a truck not a desk. Even for an interview I would wear my work kit.

LGVTrainer:
BenOtherwise it’s thong and crop top.

Seriously, he wore that to training :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck fella :sunglasses:

Don’t wear a shirt and tie to the interview. Just wear clean work great like already suggested.

benbailey81:

Cheeky! Actually I’ve got my steel toe cap safety boots on my Xmas list, I don’t even want to start driving lessons without them!

As already suggested, clean workwear, safety boots and high viz, have rigger or grip gloves with you just in case (that’s my plan anyway).

Oh and most importantly… a smile.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

TheMissus:

benbailey81:

Cheeky! Actually I’ve got my steel toe cap safety boots on my Xmas list, I don’t even want to start driving lessons without them!

As already suggested, clean workwear, safety boots and high viz, have rigger or grip gloves with you just in case (that’s my plan anyway).

Oh and most importantly… a smile.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

don’t wear Rigger boots though get lace up’s a lot of places wont allow riggers