Thieving [zb]s

Im taking a nice relaxing week off this week and with working for a dutch firm i have got my unit parked in my local pub carpark. Last night i got a call from my mate to come down as all aint well with my truck! Yes my fuel tanks have been emptied of there contents and the sender unit is in bits on top! They have come over the wall at the back with drums and away they go. We dipped the tank with a brush handle and it barely registered so now i am gonna have to cut my holiday short and get the truck back to the yard in holland for repairs. safe to say my gaffer aint impressed. Called the police and as usual got a crime number and no phone call to say they are chasing it up as yet so i guess the thieving buggers have got away with it!!

Sorry to hear it, all too common now and like you say - crime number and thats it! Welcome to Browns Britain, there is no deterrent to these tw*ts, you do all you can to protect the fuel with locks etc. but they turn up and cut a hole in the tank or remove the sender and have it away with upwards of £1000 worth of fuel and know that IF they get caught the law is on their side and not the victims, you have my sympathy, I am of the old school where crime was dealt with by a copper carrying a hickory stick - not a bloody crime number. Try nicking a grands worth of stuff from a shop at night, the whole force would be on you and not a crime number in sight. :imp: :imp: :imp:

CRIME NUMBER !!! well let me tell you where all the ole bill were KINGSLAND RD LONDON N1 YEP I COUNTE OVER 30 WHILE SAT AT LIGHTS beside the bus stops both sides backing up the OYSTER CARD EVADER DETECTIVES UN BLOODY BELEIVABLE :imp:

hello m8 sorry to hear of your fuel loss but you must of been out of the country for a long time if you think you can park a truck in a pub car park for a week without any problems.
still makes me sick though did you see on tv last night the 44toner parked up in the services a 7.5 toner pulled in next to it slashed his curtain half filled the 7.5 toner with boxs b4 the police arrived and disturbed them. just goes to show they aint there to nick 1 or 2 boxs they wanted to fill the 7.5 toner… all stacked up to so they could get more on

john

Chop there zb hands off. That does not happen very often a dutch transport company parking a unit up for a week while the drivers are on there holes. It would be great if you could wire up the tank to give the zb a 50000 watt shock :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The problem with fuel theft is that unless they are caught in the act then there is no chance of a successful prosecution.

If they caught the theiving gits with drums full of fuel they cant prove it was yours - so no evidence.

Fuel theft is a modern crime because it’s only recentley become worth the trouble.

Big ■■■■:
Chop there zb hands off. That does not happen very often a dutch transport company parking a unit up for a week while the drivers are on there holes. It would be great if you could wire up the tank to give the zb a 50000 watt shock :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

We always take the truck home when on holiday wether its a week or two it does,nt matter! which is nice.

busy fool:
hello m8 sorry to hear of your fuel loss but you must of been out of the country for a long time if you think you can park a truck in a pub car park for a week without any problems.
still makes me sick though did you see on tv last night the 44toner parked up in the services a 7.5 toner pulled in next to it slashed his curtain half filled the 7.5 toner with boxs b4 the police arrived and disturbed them. just goes to show they aint there to nick 1 or 2 boxs they wanted to fill the 7.5 toner… all stacked up to so they could get more on

john

The pub car park is down the road from my house and has cctv. Unfortunatley my mates unit blocked mine from view! sods law i suppose.

Commiserations mate, I was done for about 300 litres in south Wales a couple of months back.

I’ve been done both ways but somehow it is more infuriating when you were in the cab at the time, knowing they were sneaking around beside you while you were asleep.

Harry Monk:
Commiserations mate, I was done for about 300 litres in south Wales a couple of months back.

I’ve been done both ways but somehow it is more infuriating when you were in the cab at the time, knowing they were sneaking around beside you while you were asleep.

More frustrating that ive parked the truck on the industrial estate round the corner for over a year at weekends and nothing has happened to it! Gonna be looking to park elsewhere now because they will come back one day.

hjohn:

Big ■■■■:

We always take the truck home when on holiday wether its a week or two it does,nt matter! which is nice.

Have you got to pay for any damage the zb caused. :question: when i used to bring mine home i was lucky i could park the unit on my drive way and i had 2, 1000 watt flood lights that if anyone came with in 10 foot of it they would be lit up like a football pitch then all i needed to do was open my front door and let out my 2 boxer dogs (dinner time boys) Use to park the trailer at Thame services. have you got somewhere safer to park it ie (truckstop)

I tend to prefer quiet industrial estates to pub car parks, motorway service areas or truckstops. I always reckon that the fewer people see you, the less likely you are to get grief.

Having said that, no-one is immune.

Big ■■■■:

hjohn:

Big ■■■■:

Have you got to pay for any damage the zb caused. :question: when i used to bring mine home i was lucky i could park the unit on my drive way and i had 2, 1000 watt flood lights that if anyone came with in 10 foot of it they would be lit up like a football pitch then all i needed to do was open my front door and let out my 2 boxer dogs (dinner time boys) Use to park the trailer at Thame services. have you got somewhere safer to park it ie (truckstop)

No we dont pay for the damage. I think im gonna leave trhe trailer on estate and put the unit outside the house from now on. Spoke with the neighbours and they seem ok with it.

Make sure you get a king pin lock so no one has it away with the traler!

Some time ago, a driver had parked his unit outside his house.
In the early hours of the morning a hi ace van pulled up and proceeded to empty the fuel tanks.
The driver woke up and ran down to confront the thieves, they saw him comming and as they drove away the driver grabbed hold of the van and was dragged under the wheels.
He died trying to protect what wasnt his.
He paid with his life.
Be careful out there.

A wise man told me once at Sainsburys Basingstoke that if these Diesel thiefs want your diesel they will do anything to get it so always best to leave your caps open. I asked why? His reply was well would your boss prefer replacing 800ltrs of diesel or 800ltrs of diesel and 2 diesel tanks as the 2 tanks have been JACKED through etc?? Harsh I know that you cant sleep safely etc in some cases but wise words.

Santa:
The problem with fuel theft is that unless they are caught in the act then there is no chance of a successful prosecution.

If they caught the theiving gits with drums full of fuel they cant prove it was yours - so no evidence.

Fuel theft is a modern crime because it’s only recentley become worth the trouble.

i guess im one of the lucky ones… i was parked in seaham just outside yearsleys cold store at 7pm for the night in febuary this year…

had a bad night sleep for some reason… kept turning me light on for a drink… i got up at 6 in morning and did me checks… and found the same my tanks had beed drained… but at somepoint i must of desturbed them as they left 2 empty drums and the pipe still in the tank…

old bill turned up and took it all away and gave crime number and usual old saying wont catch them etc… but got a call from copper in june saying they got a DNA match from end of pipe… long story short… the muppet is now in court on the 15th pleading guilty…

I guess there is justice… but we will await what he gets … puttin in for £600 for losses and costs…