Thick HGV Drivers

Quinny:
Did I mention I’ve been promoted at work to transport manager? Must have slipped my mind… :laughing:

Ken.

you sure that’s a promotion :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

congratulations ken. its nice to know about a transport manager who knows something about transport. i have had my run ins with some who couldn’t tell you about drivers hours. that is not a joke :exclamation:

Quinny:
However,as my days of driving will be coming to an end soon,I don’t need to worry about it anymore.

Did I mention I’ve been promoted at work to transport manager? Must have slipped my mind… :laughing:

Ken.

Congrats Ken, but you will still need to worry. Anything that affects your drivers’ attitude and performance will be your concern.
I hope it works out fine and you manage to get (most) of the diesel out of your blood. I heaved a sigh of relief and made the change in '85 but gradually got more and more cab happy and moved back to driving in '96. Didn’t get on with my successor though (not an ex-driver) but received great support from former subordinates/new colleagues and moved on after 3 years.

Salut, David.

Quinny:

Congratulations Ken. I see you are already getting into TM mode by letting things slip from your mind. Well done. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

First time in a while I have seen one of these. Artic tipper joins A2 heading coastbound to Dover. Absolutely nothing wrong with his driving at all. I followed him expecting to close distance, but i didn’t. He was in the middle lane doing 100 kph making all the other HGVs look snail like :smiley: On the inclines I expected to get an overtaking opportunity but he accelerated to make sure he didnt lose too much speed up any grades. It must have been a tacho fault, I mean surely no HGV driver would knowingly drive that fast. On one of the longer climbs from the Medway bridge I finally passed him and noted his tacho was working and was showing 80 kph while I barely managed 90 kph past him. I overtook a slower coach at the summit and just before I exited at Junction 4 for Gillingham, the same artic (T reg) shot past me doing at least 110 kph (I was doing slightly over 100)

daveb0789:
I mean surely no HGV driver would knowingly drive that fast.

Whatever.

daveb0789:
First time in a while I have seen one of these. Artic tipper joins A2 heading coastbound to Dover. Absolutely nothing wrong with his driving at all. I followed him expecting to close distance, but i didn’t. He was in the middle lane doing 100 kph making all the other HGVs look snail like :smiley: On the inclines I expected to get an overtaking opportunity but he accelerated to make sure he didnt lose too much speed up any grades. It must have been a tacho fault, I mean surely no HGV driver would knowingly drive that fast. On one of the longer climbs from the Medway bridge I finally passed him and noted his tacho was working and was showing 80 kph while I barely managed 90 kph past him. I overtook a slower coach at the summit and just before I exited at Junction 4 for Gillingham, the same artic (T reg) shot past me doing at least 110 kph (I was doing slightly over 100)

The phrase fuse and pulled springs to mind.

liberace:

No it doesn’t Lib because,

daveb0789:
his tacho was working and was showing 80 kph while I barely managed 90 kph

As they were both doing roughly the same speed, one speedo reading 90 and the other reading 80, that points to another dodge all together.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

As they were both doing roughly the same speed, one speedo reading 90 and the other reading 80, that points to another dodge all together.

I think Liberace meant the limiter, not the tacho.

Thats the point jd_123. As they where doing roughly the same speed, it wasn’t the limiter, it was the speedo.

Simon:
Thats the point jd_123. As they where doing roughly the same speed, it wasn’t the limiter, it was the speedo.

I’m obviousley an innocent in all this, now where does the paperclip come in again?

Thats the point jd_123. As they where doing roughly the same speed, it wasn’t the limiter, it was the speedo

Aah, sorry my mistake. :unamused:

I’m obviousley an innocent in all this, now where does the paperclip come in again

:laughing: :laughing: Not something I have experience in myself. Answers on a postcard.

paperclip?? hahahaha :laughing: :laughing:

Simon:

liberace:

No it doesn’t Lib because,

daveb0789:
his tacho was working and was showing 80 kph while I barely managed 90 kph

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry everyone my mistake. I overtook him doing 90 kph on the hill while his tacho appeared to be working properly and was showing 80 kph at the time (the one o clock position). So it probably was just a faulty speed limiter.