There is now hope!

hi guys and girls

Things went a little wrong for me at the medical stage of application with high blood pressure that needed to be sorted out, but hey that’s all under control now license issued theory and hazard perception passed and start training on the 5th of may woooooooooo hooooooooooo :slight_smile:

seems to have taken an age but can’t wait now to start training

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As you now have 13 posts to your credit, I don’t think i’ll need to inform you about the current prospects for newbies

Have FUN with the training :smiley:

Hi Rog and thanks

I am lucky in the fact that I already have a job to go to truck is sitting there waiting just have to pass the test now :slight_smile:

hope you have chosen a school that is in the recommended by members list…

Or at least has been recommended by someone you trust…

Yes the school is on the recommended list :slight_smile:

Mix-Master:
hi guys and girls

Things went a little wrong for me at the medical stage of application with high blood pressure that needed to be sorted out, but hey that’s all under control now license issued theory and hazard perception passed and start training on the 5th of may woooooooooo hooooooooooo :slight_smile:

seems to have taken an age but can’t wait now to start training

Well done Good luck with the training seeing your tag line it souldn’t be too hard

Hiya Mixmaster! just out of curiosity what was the unacceptable high blood pressure reading that needed sorting out? I only ask coz im due to undertake a medical for class2 soon and have bordered on the High Blood pressure thing myself!!! Im exercising like MAD at the mo coz i DONT want to go on tablets for it!!! But i STILL WANT to sail through the medical!! This will be THE ONLY thing that im a bit worried about in the medical. Id be grateful if you could provide me with the info pal!! Cheers!!!

good luck ,ive just sent off my licence on friday :smiley: cant wait to hear how you get on .

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome alice :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

RichEllis:
Hiya Mixmaster! just out of curiosity what was the unacceptable high blood pressure reading that needed sorting out? I only ask coz im due to undertake a medical for class2 soon and have bordered on the High Blood pressure thing myself!!! Im exercising like MAD at the mo coz i DONT want to go on tablets for it!!! But i STILL WANT to sail through the medical!! This will be THE ONLY thing that im a bit worried about in the medical. Id be grateful if you could provide me with the info pal!! Cheers!!!

Hi Rich

I believe that for the medical you cannot persistently be over 180 systolic and 100 diastolic, on mine the systolic was ok the diastolic was 120 ! the delay i suffered was because the doctor has to tweek the dosage of tablets to get the correct readings, once it was ok had 3 readings on 3 separate days and those readings went on the medical form, obviously I am not happy being on tablets now but it was only going for the lgv medical that I found out about the condition I have and it could have affected me badly if left unchecked

Anyway try not to worry about it else your readings will be high :smiley:

Mix-Master:

RichEllis:

Hi Rich

I believe that for the medical you cannot persistently be over 180 systolic and 100 diastolic, on mine the systolic was ok the diastolic was 120 ! the delay i suffered was because the doctor has to tweek the dosage of tablets to get the correct readings, once it was ok had 3 readings on 3 separate days and those readings went on the medical form, obviously I am not happy being on tablets now but it was only going for the lgv medical that I found out about the condition I have and it could have affected me badly if left unchecked

Anyway try not to worry about it else your readings will be high :smiley:

You don’t want to be relying on tablets, you need to get yourself into a gym or get some weights at home and start working out. Otherwise a full shift ■■■■■■■ boxes on a class two will kill you off no prob’s. At least on the weights you can do 10/20 minuet stints to start of with.