Hello.....

Hello Everyone!, just thought i would introduce myself :smiley:

I have finally decided after years of wanting to drive trucks that i’m going to take the plunge and give it a go!, i have been for my medical and passed that with no problems and my doctor did it for £0!! seeing as i have been a patient with him for about the last 20 years, had to wait a month to get it done but it was worth it for free! :smiley: , so that was it got the medical done sent my licence off to have class c added that has just come back to me and i have gone and booked the theory test for September. :open_mouth:

Cant believe i’m starting the ball rolling after all these years of wanting to drive LGV’s (ever since i was a kid the idea appealed to me, i’m 31 now!!!), can’t wait to be honest! :slight_smile:

Hi Paul… :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to TruckNet UK…

There is plenty of advice already on these forums… take a look around and have a read :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Feel free to join in any conversations and ask any questions, thats what we are all here for, a chat, laugh, but also to help and assist and gain the same for ourselves.

Again
Welcome!!

welcome to trucknet ps73uk.keep us informed of your stories in the build up to your test.i hope it works out for you.good luck :wink: :wink:

:slight_smile: Welcome to TruckNet, Paul

I got my medical free as well, a bus company paid for it, then I jacked them in after 3 days ‘training’, didn’t drive a bus at all spent all my time either drinking tea or standing on the platform of a service bus doing ‘route learning’ (before learning to drive a bus!!!).

Took a warehouse job for a bit after that, then jacked it and decided to go for it.

Theory passed, 4 days training and I passed my Cat C test first time (seven minors, most of them for going too slow) wednesday the week before last.

Haven’t been out in anger yet though, the agency want me for a 3.5t job I’d been doing in between…I’ve still got another week of that yet.

Good luck with yours mate, it’s difficult but not impossible. I’d say be carefull and observation is the key to passing.

Welcome to TruckNet Paul!
Good luck with your training!!

Andyroo:
I got my medical free as well, a bus company paid for it, then I jacked them in after 3 days ‘training’, didn’t drive a bus at all spent all my time either drinking tea or standing on the platform of a service bus doing ‘route learning’ (before learning to drive a bus!!!).

Hmmm, i did also consider bus driving but to be honest i think i would get bored with it in the long term (it’s not really what i want to do), plus i have seen the way some of the passengers treat the drivers around here, shocking!! :open_mouth: , the only advantage with bus driving that i could see was the local bus company by me would pay for your licence, medical, theory test, pratical test and training and just about everything else!, i did have provisional category D added to my licence at the same time though as a “just incase” measure. :wink:

Looks like i will be raiding my savings (a lot) to pass the LGV! :slight_smile:

Hello Paul, welcome to TruckNet.

You cannot compare bus driving with truck driving.

Truck driving is “freedom of the road”.

Bus driving is “ding ding” every 200 yards.

Good luck with your course. Plenty of good advice to be found here.

Vince

Hello Paul, good luck with it :smiley:

another Paul

Welcome to TruckNet UK Paul.

Welcome. Good luck with your plans and if we can help with any of your questions we will.

Welcome, Paul and good luck with your training
Regards
Trev

Welcome to the Mad house Paul… LOL
:wink:

welcome to trucknet buddy, i can only echo what has already been said on previous posts…if you have a question someone on here will know the answer mate :wink: :laughing:

Welcome Paul and godd luck with your training. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome here! :smiley:
I will let you all know how i get on, theory test is booked for September 14th @ 9:30am.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a good lgv training place around the the west midlands area?

Paul

Good luck with everything. I am 34 years old been a civil servant for 17 years and I start my first driving job on Monday 6th September. Only passed class one in January this year. :smiley:

I never thought dreams could become true :laughing:

hello paul, and well done mike.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: bbbbbbbbbbut :open_mouth: bbbut!!! he got his medical for free. :open_mouth:
With that sort of luck he’ll find somebody to sponsor him and then land a dream job loads of money top of the range truck and great boss. :laughing:
Welcome to trucknet

muckles:
:shock: :open_mouth: bbbbbbbbbbut :open_mouth: bbbut!!! he got his medical for free. :open_mouth:
With that sort of luck he’ll find somebody to sponsor him and then land a dream job loads of money top of the range truck and great boss. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: