The worst bypass

can you name me your worst bypass. the bypass i hate the most is Haverhill it is flooded with roundabouts you just get up to top gear and you then slow again for another they are sharp you cant take any at speed ie ( keeping momentum) if your lorry weighs 44 ton forget it roundabouts each end with a hill climb. Then i recon Worksop and Thetford riddled with roundabouts. :question: :question: I HATE ROUNDABOUTS

its either last weekend or this weekend coming when people will think Bodmin bypass is the worse

ipswich martlesham heath on the A12 bit going northbound from A14

A 130 Chelmsford …ghastly

gotta agree with the haverhill bypass up and down it every day with a full load bloody nightmare

The a38 which leads onto the new mansfield bypass is abysmal. From jcn 28 into mansfield its all 2 lanes into 1 into 2 into 1… :imp:

truckerbuster:
… the bypass i hate the most is Haverhill, it is flooded with roundabouts you just get up to top gear and you then slow again for another they are sharp you cant take any at speed ie ( keeping momentum) if your lorry weighs 44 ton forget it roundabouts each end with a hill climb.

:imp: Lovely :exclamation: :cry: Guess where our new depot opens next month, can`t wait :exclamation:

Funny thing about roundabouts:

We all hate them except when we want to turn round. That’s when they just vanish.

Roundabouts should be underneath flyovers not instead of flyovers

ilminster by-pass in on a friday or saturday there is no way round it, should of been built as a duel carriageway, complete nightmare when you are trying to get home !!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think it must be the Borchester bypass, trying to get from Ambridge to Felversham always seems to be a huge problem.

DAFMAD:

Small point off thread a bit, Daffers but ‘green efficient thinking’ suggests that roundabouts are more efficient on top …helps with de/acceleration brake/fuel economy on leaving/joining the carriageway: I can’t fault that cos it defers to safety with brake fade too.

The only downside is that yobs with bricks are a greater threat with the carriageway hurtling beneath…

Happy Keith:

DAFMAD:

Small point off thread a bit, Daffers but ‘green efficient thinking’ suggests that roundabouts are more efficient on top …helps with de/acceleration brake/fuel economy on leaving/joining the carriageway: I can’t fault that cos it defers to safety with brake fade too.

The only downside is that yobs with bricks are a greater threat with the carriageway hurtling beneath…

It was not meant as a definitive answer. Just trying to point out that this country is far too fond of dumping a blob in the road to join up other roads that happen to be there, instead of creating sensible intersections and leaving the main route free to carry on unhindered. More like most motorways, as in most other EU countries. Could learn a thing or two from France Spain and the US here. Roundabouts on main routes cause congestion when compared to intersections IMHO. Then there’s emissions and fuel consumption which could also be reduced. But then the Government isn’t really serious about that are they ? :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
I think it must be the Borchester bypass, trying to get from Ambridge to Felversham always seems to be a huge problem.

Brilliant!

Happy Keith:

DAFMAD:

sort of on the same subject - how stupid is it that the A14 at Brampton Hut has to suffer a roundabout, whilst the A1 flies along above it carrying around 25% as much traffic - cracking bit of road planning that :unamused:

Although not strictly a “Bypass” the A61 Chesterfield inner relief (sic) road. Turned Whittington Moor into a car park. When they were building it I thought that roundabout was going to have an underpass, it did… for pedestrians. Now all the roundabouts have large queues of traffic

Wheel Nut:

Never had a problem, myself…But then I cut through Penny Hasset every time. :wink:

Wheel Nut wrote:

lucy wrote

Never had a problem, myself…But then I cut through Penny Hasset every time.

you’re better off going through loxley barrett, darrington, netherbourne and ashby street :sunglasses: :laughing:

Its got to be Nuneatons bypass the A444 it runs straight through the town centre i think it must of been Stevie Wonder who decided to run it through there

biggusdickusgb:
Wheel Nut wrote:

lucy wrote

Never had a problem, myself…But then I cut through Penny Hasset every time.

you’re better off going through loxley barrett, darrington, netherbourne and ashby street :sunglasses: :laughing:

But not if you have a couple of cages for Underwoods :confused: