A1,A17,A46 Roundabout at Newark

Evening Folks.
After having yet another near miss at this dreadfull roundabout i felt i must get it off of my chest!
Has the time not come for the wonderfull Highways Agency!!! to study the said roundabout and consider putting in part time traffic lights to stop the flow from the A46 and the A17.Getting onto the roundabout from the A1 is a nightmare causing tailbacks on the A1 at peak times.What do you think?

It certainly endangers the faster flowing trafic both north and southbound at peak times as the queue for the exits tails round onto the A1.

They used to have a slip lane all the way round from the A1 north onto the northbound A46. Why the hell they ever took it out is beyond me.

Even it you wanted A46 southbound, it was sometimes quicker to head north over the A1 and loop back round using the roundabouts.

Maybe thats what they should do. Make the roundabouts restricted so the exits can flow freely.

Example in point, the M32 / M4 junction.

I totally agree with you its just a severe accident waiting to happen but thats the problem with the idiots who design our roads they dont think they just make it look good on paper and thats it.

There was a big issue in the local paper recently about there being 2 lanes from the A46 going south to join back on to the A46 south over the roundabout.

If you dont know it here is it.

maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en … 7&t=k&z=18

Coming off the A1 to turn right on to the A17 is a nightmare sometimes you just have to pull out especially if your loaded.

It causes tailbacks on to the nearside lane of the A1 in both directions sometimes especially on a Friday afternoon and its only a matter of time befire there are multiple fatalities I just hope its not me or you, one of the big problems are the arese holes who insist on going right to the front of the queue and waiting to get in at the front hence blocking both lanes total ■■■■■■■ selfish insanity, if i was a copper i would lock them up for the night and crush their ■■■■■■■ cars.

Heres the simple and cheapest solution put a sign up telling driver their is a queue ahead thats the only thing they will do as its obviously the cheapest.

They should NEVER have made the old A17 a weight limit maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en … 76904&z=14
some drivers used to use it as a shortcut to get on the A17 but the nimbys stopped all that.

We just have to wait for deaths befiore something is done.

If many more truck roll over on said rounderbout they might do something about it. Ive lost count how many ive seen on there side there. I know thats not the issue here but it may end up being the reason for change.

anybody on this roundabout who dos’nt indicate i always pull out on them they then get the message. I havn’t got all day to guess. Followed asda tanker driver yesterday along A13 from M25 on arrival at sadlers farm roundabout no signals at all A130/A12 interchange no signals on entry up slip road to join A12 still no signals what a prick

I hate it that much, that I used to go to the next junction, heading South, the old way to any other oldies out there. top of the slip road, then turn left, straight onto the A17 slightly further South. Buggers have put a weight limit on it now though :imp: