What's with the A14 recently

Between Spittals and the M11 both ways, i use it most days and for a while all was good and accident free, but all of sudden over the last week or so people seem to treating the A14 like a demoltion derby, one bloke managed to flip his car onto its roof on a straight bit of road (on the bridge just past the cooling tower heading e/b) and other people seem think crash barrier looks dull and boring painted grey so the brighten it up by rubbing some of their cars paint ont it… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

is it this sunny hot weather thats sending people to sleep on the long tedious a14■■?

trouble is though there are no easy diversion routes for hgv’s, the a428 soon gets snarled up to :exclamation: :frowning: :frowning:

I hate that road, havent been on it for nearly a year but I always used to get stuck in traffic and if there is ever an accident it seams to be ■■■■■■ for ages. Another thing I hate about that road is the end of it M6/M1 end why do people insist on driving in the second lane all the way down to the junction and jump into the lane for the m6 all of a sudden that is what causes half the ques on the approach idiots :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Big Brummie Macca:
. Another thing I hate about that road is the end of it M6/M1 end why do people insist on driving in the second lane all the way down to the junction and jump into the lane for the m6 all of a sudden that is what causes half the ques on the approach idiots :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

you mean heading w/b on the a14 to join the m6, using lane 2 for the M1 then pulling across when on the roundabout. :blush: :blush: :blush:

sorry but i am guilty of it :blush: :blush: , saves you 20 mins of digi tacho time at 8am in the morning some days and there is always space to pull in on the roundabout, they make space for you and you dont hold traffic up doing it - well i dont.

i dont do it all the time. but if lane 2 if free flowing and lane 1 is stop start going down the hill then i think anybody would do it??

Yeah that is where I mean, it does my head in I have done it a few times when I have been overtaking something and lane 1 comes to a stand still it is okay if there is a gap you can get in. It was more aimed at the ones that do it then just cut straight infront of you to get on the m6

Cruise Control:
you mean heading w/b on the a14 to join the m6, using lane 2 for the M1 then pulling across when on the roundabout. :blush: :blush: :blush:

sorry but i am guilty of it :blush: :blush: , saves you 20 mins of digi tacho time at 8am in the morning some days and there is always space to pull in on the roundabout, they make space for you and you dont hold traffic up doing it - well i dont.

i dont do it all the time. but if lane 2 if free flowing and lane 1 is stop start going down the hill then i think anybody would do it??

Do you also have the option of doing a one and a bit circuit of the roundabout to get into the M6 north ? (that is what I used to do in the past)

I think you may find the A14 accidents are holiday makers and as its summer hols lots of families going to the east coast - not familiar with fast duals or motorway driving - lets face it the A14 is a bloomin fast road alot of the time
cheers
Steve

gm:
I think you may find the A14 accidents are holiday makers and as its summer hols lots of families going to the east coast - not familiar with fast duals or motorway driving - lets face it the A14 is a bloomin fast road alot of the time
cheers
Steve

So how does that account for the Truck that tried to do a Swan dive off the bridge■■?

Also do you honestly believe that people sit in their houses all year and never drive on roads■■? Also the holiday period hasn’t started yet, kids are still at school.

The road needs upgrading it was due to be done but it has been put on the back burner again…

Alot of serious accidents happen within 2 miles of your home due to being over familiar, drivers tend to be extra carefull when on unfamiliar roads.