The hell is this

Well of all the things to be stuck in traffic behind.

nuclear hazard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody hell, rather you than me mate. Glad I’m retired now if you lads have to face such dangers.
Is this really allowed in these days of H&S ■■ Take care.
Regards. John.

Oh god, now he’s going to be a fridge engineer with super powers, that’s just great…

Captain CoPilot awaaaaaay!

Reef:
Oh god, now he’s going to be a fridge engineer with super powers, that’s just great…

Captain CoPilot awaaaaaay!

thats actually pretty witty…we will know who he is in the waiting rooms as he will be wearing his underpants outside his trousers…

in the middle of impressing us with tales of superior knowledge related refrigeration calamities from years gone bye in a condescending manner,the conversation will end abruptly with a call of…pardon me,i must go now,and save an entire continent.( in a suitable superhero deep voice).then,can someone get me notes for me and leave them in me cab. :laughing:

Low level radiation…

There’s probably more danger from your old Timex watch with a luminous dial than what’s on the trailer.

I used to collect 20 foot boxes from Felix with tiles from China on. It always set the radiation alarm off and I had to get clearance from men with hats on.

yourhavingalarf:
Low level radition…

There’s probably more danger from your old Timex watch with a luminous dial than what’s on the trailer.

I used to collect 20 foot boxes from Felix with tiles from China on. It always set the radiation alarm off and I had to get clearance from men with hats on.

Irradiated products are moved by road on a regular basis, the item in the pic will be low level as quoted above but surprised it is in an open container. When American nuclear subs were based at Holy Loch we did a regular weekend job, for ACL/Cunard, arrive at the port 8am Saturday with a 20ft lead lined box it was shunted into loading area by navy personnel and around 8hrs later brought out loaded. There were usually 4 of us doing it and after loading we all had to run together down to Felixstowe, all drivers had to be vetted, we had to have a large metal plate temporarily fixed in the cab also given 2 way radios if you didn’t have a working cb fitted. 2 vehicles from the navy security service provided ■■■■■■ all way to Felixstowe, driving regs were ignored and we could only stop for toilet breaks, if necessary, coz everyone had to stop. Once at Felix; we parked up in a secure compound within the port area until Monday when the boxes were lifted off and the week started off again as normal. This was in the mid 80’s and the load was used nuclear fuel rod’s, from the submarine’s, going back to the US for reprocessing.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Carryfast will be along shortly to tell us this is all a plot to push rail transport

I would rather be pulling that than driving a crap renault if im honest …

davepenn54:

yourhavingalarf:
Low level radition…

Irradiated products are moved by road on a regular basis, the item in the pic will be low level as quoted above but surprised it is in an open container. When American nuclear subs were based at Holy Loch we did a regular weekend job, for ACL/Cunard, arrive at the port 8am Saturday with a 20ft lead lined box it was shunted into loading area by navy personnel and around 8hrs later brought out loaded. There were usually 4 of us doing it and after loading we all had to run together down to Felixstowe, all drivers had to be vetted, we had to have a large metal plate temporarily fixed in the cab also given 2 way radios if you didn’t have a working cb fitted. 2 vehicles from the navy security service provided ■■■■■■ all way to Felixstowe, driving regs were ignored and we could only stop for toilet breaks, if necessary, coz everyone had to stop. Once at Felix; we parked up in a secure compound within the port area until Monday when the boxes were lifted off and the week started off again as normal. This was in the mid 80’s and the load was used nuclear fuel rod’s, from the submarine’s, going back to the US for reprocessing.
Regards
Dave Penn;

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i often went fishing in the holy loch.it was great whenever you caught a fish,by the time you got it onto the boat,it was already cooked.

dieseldog999:
i often went fishing in the holy loch.it was great whenever you caught a fish,by the time you got it onto the boat,it was already cooked.

That actually explains a lot dog, and there was I blaming the Buckfast dieselpup499.5

The-Snowman:
Carryfast will be along shortly to tell us this is all a plot to push rail transport

And then the mouth on a stick spanner monkey will tell us that we’re all ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ and ■■■■■■■■ and radiation doesn’t exist and is all a government plot that us ■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ believe!

Well let’s just hope I don’t grow two heads

I often used to see British nuclear power flat bed trailers with sealed flasks bolted to the floor when I lived there, this is nothing to worry about.

Colin_scottish:
I would rather be pulling that than driving a crap renault if im honest …

I like my Renault, but each to his own, incidentally I didn’t buy it I just drive it so even if it was the top of the range Volvo it would be nothing to show off about. It has everything I need and it gets the job done. Oh and it is rather stylish like me!! But the funny thing is it was a Renault pulling it.

It’s a basket of offshore drilling tools, probably only stickered up because it’s been down a hole that’s recently been x-rayed and it has surface contamination, it will be taken to Aberdeen then washed to clean it up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It’s a piglet retarder.

davepenn54:

yourhavingalarf:
Low level radition…

Regards
Dave Penn;

and the band played believe it if you will !!

the maoster:

The-Snowman:

And then the mouth on a stick spanner monkey will tell us that we’re all [zb] [zb] [zb] [zb] and [zb] and radiation doesn’t exist and is all a government plot that us [zb] [zb] believe!

At a random stab in the dark maoster , I reckon you are talking about bking …Id put money on it lol…

Your money is safe Norb :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

‘and the band played believe it if you will !!’

@Boobya, not really really sure why you would think it’s not true? But what do I care I know what work I’ve done in my career in road transport and so do a lot of people on here, so I really don’t have anything to prove to anyone, so I’ll catch you later fella in a ditch hopefully :laughing:

Regards
Dave Penn;