Close

facebook.com/groups/2640131 … 276985899/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/264013174457246/permalink/605393276985899/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That person needs his licence taking away from him… a danger to road users…

WS unit pulling a stobart trailer , enough said

Sent from my Front room on furlough

CHRIST [emoji44][emoji44]

Anyone know if WS have a job going now?
I reckon I could get closer than he did if it helps in the skill test department…[emoji91][emoji16]

Seriously though I’d love too hear the drivers explanation…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Tbf he mebbs didn’t notice the stranded truck because he was distracted from it by watching in his mirrors the guy trying to warn him by flashing and blasting his horn…Ok I know the guy had the best of intentions to warn him.

Before you mob handedly condemn the guy, and before the usual never do wrong suspect (s) come on pontificating, my take on this is unless you are some kind of super human (and I know you need to be on the ball more on a non hard shoulder scenario) it’s impossible to drive long distance at total 100% pure concentration, anybody who says they can is a liar.
Your mind does tend to wander, it’s how it works.
How many of you on a regular run suddenly realise you have passed a landmark without being conscious of it, like a MSA for instance.
The WS guy should have seen it, but these things happen, and he was fortunate to live and tell the tale.
Experience in near misses and adverse scenarios, and getting through them make you a better driver.

seems these time critical deliveries are a bit much for the lad , not every one can cope
With them , seen loads over the years drop by the wayside

robroy:
Tbf he mebbs didn’t notice the stranded truck because he was distracted from it by watching in his mirrors the guy trying to warn him by flashing and blasting his horn…Ok I know the guy had the best of intentions to warn him.

Before you mob handedly condemn the guy, and before the usual never do wrong suspect (s) come on pontificating, my take on this is unless you are some kind of super human (and I know you need to be on the ball more on a non hard shoulder scenario) it’s impossible to drive long distance at total 100% pure concentration, anybody who says they can is a liar.
How many of you on a regular run suddenly realise you have passed a landmark without being conscious of it, like a MSA for instance.
The WS guy should have seen it, but these things happen, and he was fortunate to live and tell the tale.
Experience in near misses and adverse scenarios, and getting through them make you a better driver.

I agree with some of that…

But the script on the video says that the red Xs were illuminated for over a mile closing lane 1. He shouldn’t have been there.

yourhavingalarf:

robroy:

I agree with some of that…

But the script on the video says that the red Xs were illuminated for over a mile closing lane 1. He shouldn’t have been there.

Ok, like that Monty Python Oscar Wilde quote…‘‘This is where my theory falls to the ground’’ :laughing:
Yep red cross warning, he should have seen it, guy’s a ■■■■. :smiley: (a very lucky ■■■■)

■■■■ me…truck behing you flashing and sounding his horn?

What’s that Skippy?
Somethings wrong?

Maybe I’ll ■■■■■■■ slow down and see what’s up with the other driver?

Or maybe open my eyes and check the road?

Sure… I’ve driven past a junction.

Even missed a car in my blindspot that undertook me…

Never had a near miss with a static artic in the inside lane

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ffs rob you cant defend the indefensible, the ■■■■ was lucky that time but he will have others. probably terminal…

robroy:

Agree, someone sounding his horn so madly would get 90% of anyone’s attention, distracting from danger ahead. He should just slowed down properly, giving guy plenty of space for changing lines or on the worst occasion space for maneuver to avoid an accident. Luckily it’s just lesson to learn…

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

m.a.n rules:
ffs rob you cant defend the indefensible, the ■■■■ was lucky that time but he will have others. probably terminal…

Hmmm …more trying to explain why he carried on and why he didn’t see the truck rather than defend him bud.

Tbf I did change my view on it when I was reminded about the red x ‘lane closed’ matrix. :neutral_face:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

Hmmm …more trying to explain why he carried on and why he didn’t see the truck rather than defend him bud.

Tbf I did change my view on it when I was reminded about the red x ‘lane closed’ matrix. :neutral_face:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
good lad… :laughing: :wink:

Just to get it right the camera vehicle was in lane ‘3’ ■■.I’d have been in 4 at that point and staying well back not wanting to get involved the wreckage of his accident.
Knackered almost past the point of auto pilot mode is the only thing that would explain it. :confused: :confused:

Carryfast:
Knackered almost past the point of auto pilot mode is the only thing that would explain it. :confused: :confused:

Don’t agree, more likely A N other car driver with a class one who looks no further than 20 feet ahead of him at any time.

I’m going with the…

Earlier suggestion of ‘auto-pilot’ syndrome. The lights are on but no one is home. Your driving, your awake but nothing registers (might be that micro-sleep thing I dunno). From my own experience years ago of driving past my destination Basingstoke and realising just past Fleet services that I had passed the junction 15 or so minutes before. It doesn’t excuse crap driving but it may possibly explain matey boy in the video.

Possibly on the phone, watching a film, texting, Fakebooking.

I have had ‘wrong way’ drivers come straight at me, the traffic coming the other way flashing lights and blowing horns was so distracting, I didn’t see the guy until he flashed past me.

^^^^ There is some merit in what you say mate. Let’s face it that driving a modern lorry is hardly taxing and if you’re not careful then “autopilot syndrome” can easily happen.

Ironically He did put his left indicator on to pull back into lane 1 as soon as he passed the truck